Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 682910 views.
Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

11/14/21

Well, the Christmas quilt isn't going to get finished in time for this Christmas.  I'm still working on the embroidery for the top garland and it is taking Forever.  And I don't want to wait another year before I enjoy it.  So I added wide borders and pinned it to another quilt already hanging.  No one but myself and my quilting cousin will notice it's not quilted.

Midkid5

11/14/21

It makes a lovely Christmas decoration, glad you found a solution to enjoy it this year?  Are you able to continue working on the garland portion?

Jo

judyinohio

11/14/21

Very, very handsome.

Perfect.

Maybe it really doesn't need a garland.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/14/21

I love solutions!  Well done!

I don't think there is any rule that says it has to be quilted. It looks great. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/14/21

Well, the worst has happened: 3 hours from home and I have finished all of my handwork.  Sigh.

Now, I'm just a passenger with nothing to do.

A gross miscalculation on my part.

Mishii

11/14/21

That is tragic. I bet it never happens again!

You could count cows. 

Or count mile markers!

viola (sissly4)

11/14/21

You could play the game with on the license plates that's always interesting to see where they're from and and what they got on their plates and guess what they are trying to to say

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

11/14/21

Mr Pirate had found a Tom Clancy audio book (Red Storm Rising) and we had started to listen to it a few days ago.  He *rarely* sits still for anything (except when he's doing computer accounting) but since he was doing HOURS of driving almost every day, this was a good way to pass the time.  Tom Clancy book always keep you on the edge of your seat.  So, for the last 3 hours of our trip, I was simply listening ... instead of sewing and listening.   Let me tell you, without the stitching to focus on, that book became a LOT more stressful!  We're in the middle of a war, people!!

Anyway, here's the EPP top that I showed to the gang that was able to come to lunch on Tuesday.  All those curvy, green lines are bias vines that I appliqued both sides.  They will be the background for a whole bunch of flowers and leaves.

When I finished all the of the applique vines (end of the 1st week), I moved onto stitching sets of 4 hexies into "diamond units" for a different Forever Project that I am lazily working on.   Here's a pic of 160 diamond units that I was able to do ... and completely cleared out my little blue sewing box!   These will get sorted into color families and stitched into their appropriate color blocks on the Forever Project.

As for the flowers and leaves for the EPP project "Forget Me Not", I've been worriedly thinking about them these past 2 weeks.  I'm really dismal at thinking of original designs that look attractive.  Well, lo and behold, a member of one of the Facebook applique groups I belong to posted a throw pillow of absolutely fantastic flowers & leaves & vines.  She gave us the author and book title ... which I promptly ordered.  It is supposed to arrive in the beginning of December.   aaarrgghhhh!   So, I guess the Forget Me Not project will be stalled for a while.

Here is the book cover:

and here is the project that was posted.  This was made by Mieke Willigenburg of the Facebook group, "Applique Quilting".  It looks absolutely gorgeous!
No photo description available.