Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 806561 views.
viola (sissly4)

4/12/22

Lynne I really like that quilt.I think I will tried and make one with out the paper.

Suze (casuzenn)

4/12/22

I really like this one...it is colorful and bright, but not too bright. Great selection of backgrounds too. I would not be able to do this without purchasing...my stash just does not have very many black&whites...

bornblesse2

4/12/22

Lynne, I like that one a lot!  Great job!

That is a very interesting way to do a QAYG with scraps and strings.  Yet you do not notice immediately that it is a QAYG.  I love the scrappy sashing too.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/12/22

What great quilts!.  LOVE the black/white/color one.  Isn't it amazing the fantastic quilts that can be made with simple scraps?

bornblesse2

4/12/22

What have I been doing!

sewed a few one yard flannel quilt tops - I inserted a contrasting fabric or bands of fabrics and straightened the edged.  Then found backings for them.

then spliced some batting pieces for them.  They are now ready to go to church for tying!  Ihave a lot more flannel to use, but it is a startM

MelRN

4/13/22

bornblesse2 said...

Ihave a lot more flannel to use, but it is a startM

It's great for backing, or even batting!! My grandma always used it to back her "comforts" she made.

bornblesse2

4/13/22

Well, what I have is not so great for backings.  It is mostly one yard or less pieces.  And very different patterns and colors.  So I am making baby quilts that are cute and nice and soft.

latterberry

4/14/22

Thanks for all the kind words, ladies.  It does feel good to get a few more off the pile.