Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 718968 views.
MelRN

Jun-27

I love them!! Great star blocks

judyinohio

Jun-27

I think this looks like the best one coming up soon.  DH and I are both too old to do quilt shows any more but any quilt show in Wooster (near Amish country) would be a good one.

Sat, Jul 23, 5 AM – 12 PM
Over 40 Vendors Antique Quilt Exhibit
Free Admission Free Parking Coming in from out of town? Need a place to stay? Visit the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau
NanaSuz

Jun-28

Judy, thank you for the information on the show in Wooster. I will look into it.

Just curious, what are you quilting now? 

Do any of the ladies on this forum make quilts for charity? I'd enjoy connecting with them.

NanaSuz

judyinohio

Jun-28

I'm making small things now. Made a wall hanging for a good friend and surprised her by mailing it off to her. Now I'm tackling a place mat set with lots of little pieces. All quilting will be done on my Singer 201-2 because my back doesn't allow me to stand at my longarm any more.

I found a cute pattern by Karen Griska at Etsy.com where she sells oodles of downloadable scrappy quilt patterns for $5 each. I'll take her scrappy quilt ideas and use them to make placemats instead of big quilts. The one I will work on this week is called "Trumpet Vine."   I say "this week" casually because it will take me a week to cut up and organize all of the little pieces and then a few more weeks to sew them all together.  LOL  But that's what quilters do, isn't it?

Slice, dice and reattach ...

ETA:  Here's my current project: 

NanaSuz

Jun-28

Judy, that pattern is wonderful. I will check out her Etsy page. Thank you again.

Enjoy our beautiful weather today.

NanaSuz

We are having company for the holiday weekend, which means I won't be able to use my sewing room as it is also the guest room.  The guests are family and she is a quilter too, so I can use it some.  But it's not the same.  So I'm getting hand work ready.  I prepped the rest of my wall hanging, butterfly wings and Carolina Chickadee (for reference the bird is approx 2.5" tall).  There are also a number of VERY small berries - I think I'm going to embroidery those.  They are about the size of a pencil eraser, easier to embroider than try and turn under such small pieces and make them round.  I know it can be done, but too fiddly.  I'll also embroider the butterfly bodies on both and the beak/eyes/legs on the bird.

Your little applique project is really coming along, love the little bird.

latterberry

Jun-29

And I was the very lucky recipient of that thoughtful gift!! You could have knocked me over with a feather when the mal lady showed up with this big tube.  I am so honored to have a "Judy" quilt. And it is so much prettier in real life that the photo could ever be.  "Angel Wings" joined a few other special wall hangings on the wall in my room and I smile each time I see it.  Thanks just isn't enough.

Thank you for sharing Karen's Etsy page.  There were lots of patterns I will save to Pintrest for "one of these days."  I notice that if you make a boatload of squares, 4.5 maybe, with two snowballs on one side, you could make several of her patterns.  

If you are working on smaller quilted things now, you could make placemats.  One year  I made  many throughout the year t use up orphan block and get  some instant gratification.  I gave them to the meals on wheels folks to give their clients with their Thanksgiving dinner. They had only about 30 clients so it wasn't that bad.  Just a thought.

Again, thank you so much! I am so honored to be your friend.

viola (sissly4)

Jun-29

When you and I went to the quilt shop in CO.Was the shop call the Sister quilt shop?

viola (sissly4)

Jun-29

I do a lot of charity work.