Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 724550 views.
judyinohio

Jun-29

latterberry said:

You could have knocked me over with a feather when the mail lady showed up with this big tube. I am so honored to have a "Judy" quilt. And it is so much prettier in real life

It just seemed to me that I have been reading on the forum for years that you've been running around Illinois dropping off your adorable quilts to various charities. Dozens and dozens (hundreds?) of lovingly made quilts have been taken to worthy causes for umpteen years. I think of you as an Illinois Angel of sorts and when I saw that pattern called "Cherub Wings" I said to myself "Lynne's a little bit old to be a cherub but that quilt is about my speed these days so I'll make it up for her." 

Sneaky person that I am I didn't warn Lynne that it was coming. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye I like to flabbergast people. During the phone call she made after she got the quilt she told me I flabbergasted her DH when he saw  that I attached her photo under one of the wings.

Can everyone tell that this was a fun project to make?

latterberry

Jun-29

I just delivered yesterday a bunch of nap sized quilts to a cancer center in a nearby big city.  The patients in the chemo center get so cold during treatment and they were asking for quilt donations.  Maybe you could try something like that.

SBurt

Jun-29

Just finished and ready for my granddaughter’s 4th birthday!! 

NanaSuz

Jun-29

So good to hear from you!! It's been a while.

I never thought of the cancer patients. What a great idea. I will contact the hospital and see what their policies are.

I hope things are going well for you and that the Covid has not been a problem.

Thanks again,

NanaSuz

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-29

That is one *fantastic* looking quilt!  It's so bright and cheerful.  Your granddaughter is going to love it!

SBurt

Jun-29

Thank you kindly! It was both a blast and a challenge as made up the rows as I went. Also got some fabulous help from this forum!

viola (sissly4)

Jun-29

The reason I ask was last night I zoom Powerling Sewing to make bags for the ZIEMA Girl's to put there pad's in so they can go to school all year around.The Sister's from CO send a lot of boxes full of bags. I have made 14 so far.

viola (sissly4)

Jun-29

I do Sew Powerful purse project they go to zeiman 

Child Protecting Service bags and quilts. and bags

Dress a girl around the world.

NICU LITTLE QULTS 21X21

T-Shirt dresses forgirls in Memphia TN.

DIAPER BAGS FOR UNMARRY GIRLS

Blanket bib burr pad and hat 

The last three go to Memphia TN

Prayer Shawel for a church here in Fulton KY.

bornblesse2

Jun-29

So, I have been gradually finishing up some things siting around.  My trip home for 2 family reunions was cut short because my family caught Covid.  When we got well enough to travel home, we were just sitting around not very energetic.

but, I did do some sewing every day to give myself therapy.  I finished up a mini - from a very long time ago!  The quilting was almost done.  But I quilted the borders and got it bound.  My foot give you an idea of the size!  

i also finally got the binding done on this quilt that I pattern checked for Shout 4joy quilter……I know some of you have done her mystery scrap quilts.   

i also got two more placemats finished.  These are a longtime project of English pped  dresdan plates that I have been doing.  I got 2 more done.

bornblesse2

Jun-29

I got to have a sew day with Carrie and Cathy today!  Cathy made us lunch from a recipe from Carolyn!  Yummy, yummy!

i sewed 2 charity tops from blocks given to me from the guild.  Long ago I did a disappearing pinwheel with the group.  The first top of dotted  blocks given to me after to do something with….( lol, just what I need!).   The second one are mostly blocks from my demonstration. I may add borders, but I’m not sure what I have ….