Latest 12:13 AM by keddykat75
Latest Nov-29 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto)
Latest Nov-24 by SonofQuilter
Latest Nov-23 by LeeAnn (mom1me2)
Latest Nov-17 by MelRN
Latest Nov-16 by MelRN
Latest Nov-14 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Nov-1 by MelRN
The border makes a great quilt even better. Good Work.
This border is perfect. I love that it looks like you just put those stars on a background of diagonally pieced fabrics.
I've saved this one. It's a great scrappy quilt. The rotated blocks do the trick.
Y'all mght remember Inner Cube that I've been working on. I finished stitching on the border that straightened out the edges. When I hung the top on my design wall and sat admiring it :-) I noticed that something was subtly wrong. It turned out that I had misplaced 2 blocks: a white star and a black star.
I was so annoyed at that I just let it sit. But because unstitching EPP isn't difficult, I couldn't let it stay that way. I have now unstitched the 2 stars, placed them where they belong, and restitched them. The top looks much better now and I'm very happy with it.
Another EPP project that I've been working on is Dillyflowers. The designer only showed us how to make the block and didn't have any project in mind. After looking at other projects and thinking about it, I decided that I would make alternating columns of these blocks: one column with a color background with a neutral flower and the adjacent column with a neutral background and a color flower.
I'm happy to say that I've finally finished all the color background blocks. Next step is to decide what order these blocks need to be put in .... graduating from light to dark? dark to light? mixed up? At this point, I don't know. I need to put them up on my design wall and see what "looks good".
Here are pictures of the Dillyflowers with the color backgrounds:
Wow you did amazing to just get two blocks mixed up, Considering how complicated that design is, The dilly flowers are cool,
Glad your fix for the Inner Cube was easy and that you noticed it before it was quilted.
Rounded edges on your Dilly Flowers- Are they appliqued to the background hexagon? Just trying to figure out how it was constructed.
Sadly, I haven't worked on anything for about 3 weeks. Hopefully I can get in my sewing room soon and figure out if the elves did any work while I was unavailable.
Re: Dillyflower: yup, I appliqued the flower onto the background.
The flower petals are a hexagon merged with a half circle. A standard hexagon is stitched into the middle.
The designer created the background piece with a concave edge that matched the curve of the flower. However, I decided that I didn't want to do that. Instead, I redrew the background piece to eliminate the concave curve (I drew a line straight across the bottom of the curve, creating a trapezoid shape). I machine stitched the background pieces into a ring and applique the flower on top, aligning the seamlines of the flower and the background.
thank goodness you found them before quilting.
The last few days I've been making up some I spy kits while waiting to head to town for batting. Tomorrow I go to Waco to move daughter to a smaller (and cheaper) apartment. Next door. But down stairs then back up again. sigh. I do love her. Anyway, I decided I felt like piecing tonight so I started on this pattern that I saw on FB by Quilting Mama (you may remember she spoke at the AZ retreat a few years ago). She calls the pattern Star Blossom & sells kits of VERY Scrappy fabrics (her passion is scrappy and bright). But I wanted to try it with novelties (since that is what I have most of). At first I wasn't sure about all the different colors. But now that I've got several blocks on the wall, I'm liking it quite a bit.
Here is a screen shot of her kit which shows how the blocks are constructed.