Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

puzzle christmas   Off-Topic Chat

Started 1/29/19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 5494 views.

oh that is cool,  interesting to watch, her logic is different than mine.  I would start from the corners

judyinohio

2/2/19

Same here.

She is like the college kids I competed against at the National Jigsaw Puzzle Championships in Athens, Ohio in 1978 and 1979.  They were able to finish a 500 piece Springbok puzzle in 58 or 59 minutes and left me at my "station" with my mouth hanging open.  sob

DS, who was ten or eleven at the time, tried to make me feel better by saying that I was probably the fastest of the old people. wink

• Edited February 2, 2019 9:04 pm  by  judyinohio
Mishii

2/2/19

judyinohio said:

I was probably the fastest of the old people.

This made me laugh a lot.

judyinohio

2/2/19

He sincerely meant well so I did not clobber him.  Gave him a hug and said that he was correct ... my fingers just did not fly over the puzzle pieces like a college kid's fingers could fly. (Did not tell him that my brain was worn out from keeping up with two clever children.  LOL)

Anyhow, I've just now finished my "Gradient" puzzle.  Don't think I will wake up DH to tell him this important fact but I will share it with my good friends on the forum.  wink  Tomorrow I will hang this downstairs on a wall near Lily Aurora and then I will get back to quiltmaking. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/2/19

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I would start from the corners

That's what I would do.  The corners and edges first(if I can find them).

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/2/19

judyinohio said:

I was probably the fastest of the old people.

From the mouth of babes?  Had to laugh at that.  And you certainly weren't old then.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/2/19

Did you time yourself?  Just for giggles.....

judyinohio

2/3/19

Twelve days.

Twelve days of fifteen or twenty minute sessions. I would get "antsy" after sitting in the chair working on this thing.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/3/19

I'm sure you are glad it is done.  Back to quilting or beads.

judyinohio

2/3/19

The young whippersnappers have a holiday for everything.  Look at this!  I was celebrating National Puzzle Day on January 29th and I didn't even know it!  wink