Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

puzzle christmas   Off-Topic Chat

Started 1/29/19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 5496 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/2/19

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I would start from the corners

That's what I would do.  The corners and edges first(if I can find them).

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/2/19

judyinohio said:

I was probably the fastest of the old people.

From the mouth of babes?  Had to laugh at that.  And you certainly weren't old then.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/2/19

Did you time yourself?  Just for giggles.....

judyinohio

2/3/19

Twelve days.

Twelve days of fifteen or twenty minute sessions. I would get "antsy" after sitting in the chair working on this thing.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/3/19

I'm sure you are glad it is done.  Back to quilting or beads.

judyinohio

2/3/19

The young whippersnappers have a holiday for everything.  Look at this!  I was celebrating National Puzzle Day on January 29th and I didn't even know it!  wink

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/3/19

I love puzzles.  I agree that they are good exercise for the brain.  Haven't done a jigsaw since I moved.  I'll have to find one.

in the midst of this discussion a former co-worker posted on FB a picture of her 6 year old daughter and her husband working on a puzzle together - very cute.  I asked if she was familiar with the "family" puzzles that had graduated puzzle pieces (3 different sizes), & included a link to one.  Well of course I'm now getting lots of puzzle ads.  This one popped up.  I haven't started it yet as I'm spending time in the sewing room, but I may give it a try this weekend.  One of the criticisms on line is that it is blurry, but I think it's a function of how Ravensburger puzzles are printed mat (not shiny).  Still I've admired those painted stones for a while and wanted to try regardless.

congrats on completing.  I find I enjoy a puzzle when I'm too tired to think about quilting, or too tired to risk working with the rotary blade.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/4/19

Really pretty puzzle.  Enjoy!