Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

fireworks t-shirt quilt   Show and Tell

Started 4/2/19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 480 views.

another t-shirt quilt, this time for a family that owns a fireworks business.  It's extra special because the father had a massive stroke a year ago and can no longer work in the family business.  He came to pick it up with his son (the quilt was the son's idea).  He just recently has been able to walk with assistance and he was very proud to walk to my office.  I even got creative on the quilting.  The sashing is sparkler fabric.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/2/19

What a lovely job you did,Dee!  :-)   Excellent choice on the sashing fabric .

Mishii

4/2/19

That is wonderful!  Perfect sashing!

judyinohio

4/2/19

A terrific quilt for a remarkable man who is making a good recovery from his stroke.  Job well done, Dee!

thanks Judy (& others too).  It was fun to do, though that sparkly sashing wasn't fun to work with.  The silver sparkles melted with high heat, so I had to watch out for that.

bornblesse2

4/3/19

You always do such a great job on those t-shirt quilts!  It will be loved!

That looks great! I love when people used different sized cuttings that crop the images of the tshrits better than just cutting them all the same size regardless of the image size. Looks more like art on a wall.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/3/19

What a great quilt.  It means a lot to them I'm sure.  The sparkler fabric is perfect!  I like the quilting also.