Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

fireworks t-shirt quilt   Show and Tell

Started Apr-2 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 452 views.

That looks great! I love when people used different sized cuttings that crop the images of the tshrits better than just cutting them all the same size regardless of the image size. Looks more like art on a wall.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-3

What a great quilt.  It means a lot to them I'm sure.  The sparkler fabric is perfect!  I like the quilting also.

Thanks.  I try to pick a standard width that works with most of the shirts, so I can keep even columns.  but then I trim the height as small as possible because I almost always are trying to sqeeeeeeze in as many shirts as possible.  ON this one I have another 10 that wouldn't fit.

I did one where I optimized cuts of the images, put black borders on them all then laid them out pleasantly into 3 general columns. I then added side sashing in the persons favorite color to blocks that needed to be wider to fill in that column. Assembled the columns trimmed straight up and down and sewed those together. Looked like framed pictured on a "photo wall".