Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Auburn CA 2019 Quilt show (selected pictures)   General Discussion

Started Apr-6 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 521 views.
judyinohio

Apr-6

Thank you for a very pleasant tour of the Auburn CA quilt show.  I agree about your chuckle over the person's concept of a "bright" color scheme.  Congratulations on the haul of "scraps".

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-6

Those are some great quilts you chose to highlight.  I admire the applique even though I don't do it.  The blue quilt really drew me in.  Could be because it is my favorite color but I usually like it with other colors.  Do you think perhaps the woman who made the "bright" quilt was being funny?  I do like that pattern.  Hadn't seen it before.  How nice that you came home with some treasures for your applique.  Generous of her.

What was Mr.Pirate doing while you looked at the quilts?  He seems very supportive of your quilting passion.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-6

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

What was Mr.Pirate doing while you looked at the quilts?  He seems very supportive of your quilting passion.

He said, most sincerely, that he had the most wonderful time wandering around Home Depot and Harbor Freight. ;)  And yes, he is.  Since he bought our travel trailer, he likes to take road trips.  He doesn't much care where, just as long as we get to stay in the trailer.  That's why I pick up all the informational flyers regarding future quilt shows.

I get to go to quilt shows that I wouldn't ordinarily attend and he gets his road trip. :-)

Judy (DJZMOM)

Apr-6

Sounds like you had a great day!

Thanks for a ll the great eye candy.  You sure got an awesome gift of that fabric.  I was thinking about and Judy this weekend as we got closer to your end of the state. Went to Yosemite and Sequoia.  Awesome!!!! I last saw them when I was about 6.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-7

The wierd thing about Yosemite is that EVERYONE is concentrated on the valley floor, where ever the paved roads go.  But if you take a walk along the sides of the valley, where the walking trails are, you lose almost everyone.  It's like you have Yosemite all to yourself.

Sequoia is very pretty too.  Much more rugged and isolated but some of the most awesome redwood trees.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-7

Well, it was Saturday night in the Ol' West and we were in Auburn, CA ... one of the original gold mining Old West towns.  Auburn has the distinction of having TWO historic downtowns ... the "old" historic downtown from around 1849 and the "new" historic downtown from around the 1930s.  It's a neat place to wander around.

Mr. Pirate & I patronized a local restaurant and bar, The Club Car, that featured a live band.  The band was very good, playing songs we actually knew.  :-)  I was surprised and pleased to see at least 2 neighboring retail establishments, a jewelers and a ... ummm, I don't remember ... hanging quilts in their front windows!  These were obviously hung in tandem with the quilt show, as I recognized the names of the quilters on the identification tags.

This is a fantastically beautiful Baltimore Album quilt in one window  and ...

this is another quilt in other window:

The next 2 are displays in the jeweler's windows:

We finished off the night at a local dive bar, where I was pronounced to be " an educated and intelligent woman".   So.  There it was.  You have all now been informed. :-)

Suze (casuzenn)

Apr-7

Wow... sounds like a great time was had! Neat that those shops were displaying quilts.

bornblesse2

Apr-7

I love it when store fronts join in and display quilts!  They are smart...it attracts the quilters to check out their business!

just plan smart!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-9

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I get to go to quilt shows that I wouldn't ordinarily attend and he gets his road trip. :-)

That's a win/win!  I'm sure he enjoyed Home Depot and Harbor Freight.