Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Auburn CA 2019 Quilt show (selected pictures)   General Discussion

Started 4/6/19 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 582 views.
In reply toRe: msg 7
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/7/19

Well, it was Saturday night in the Ol' West and we were in Auburn, CA ... one of the original gold mining Old West towns.  Auburn has the distinction of having TWO historic downtowns ... the "old" historic downtown from around 1849 and the "new" historic downtown from around the 1930s.  It's a neat place to wander around.

Mr. Pirate & I patronized a local restaurant and bar, The Club Car, that featured a live band.  The band was very good, playing songs we actually knew.  :-)  I was surprised and pleased to see at least 2 neighboring retail establishments, a jewelers and a ... ummm, I don't remember ... hanging quilts in their front windows!  These were obviously hung in tandem with the quilt show, as I recognized the names of the quilters on the identification tags.

This is a fantastically beautiful Baltimore Album quilt in one window  and ...

this is another quilt in other window:

The next 2 are displays in the jeweler's windows:

We finished off the night at a local dive bar, where I was pronounced to be " an educated and intelligent woman".   So.  There it was.  You have all now been informed. :-)

Suze (casuzenn)

4/7/19

Wow... sounds like a great time was had! Neat that those shops were displaying quilts.

bornblesse2

4/7/19

I love it when store fronts join in and display quilts!  They are smart...it attracts the quilters to check out their business!

just plan smart!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/9/19

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I get to go to quilt shows that I wouldn't ordinarily attend and he gets his road trip. :-)

That's a win/win!  I'm sure he enjoyed Home Depot and Harbor Freight.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

4/9/19

Looks like great support for their quilting community!  I would look in those windows.