Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mountain fabric?   General Discussion

Started May-28 by sueinIL; 1073 views.
CozyQuilts

May-28

I can go a little further into the dungeon, I mean, stash and see what I can find.

sueinIL

May-28

Thank you, CozyQuilts.  Yes, granite, and snow is OK, too.  I have a creek bed with pebbles and rocks already.  Thank you for looking!

The mountain fabric I used up was from a panel with a forest of snow-covered pine trees in the foreground and the mountains far away in the background. I literally pieced some scraps of it today to see if I could scrounge up any 4" squares. It was pretty unsuccessful.

Sue in IL

LABFIEND

May-28

I thought I had more mountains, and I may, but where is the question!!

Here is what I found, not sure if it will work for you, but you are welcome to some, I have at least a year. The repeats look to be about 4 inches.

In reply toRe: msg 7
LABFIEND

May-28

A year, a yard, you know what I mean!!

Can't see the mountains very good, here are two more pics closer up.

sueinIL

May-28

Oh my!  That is beautiful!  I can see at least 3 fussy cuts in each repeat with trees, mountains, water...

If you truly want to part with some, I would love to have a repeat or two.  Please tell me what I can share with you from my stash of landscapes and wildlife. I will be happy to send you some, as they seem to be reproducing in my bin.

Thank you so much!

Sue in IL

LABFIEND

May-28

Message me your address and I will send you some.  Don't really need anything in return, really, I won't miss it.  if I ever need something, i will give you a hollar and maybe you can help me back. 

I will need to see a pic of the finished quilt posted here!!

Hmm, I have a lot of things, but like you any mountains have been fussy cut.  

sueinIL

May-30

Thank you so much for your offer of mountain fabric!  Please just yell when/if you ever need landscape, large animal, or anything else National Park-ish.  

I am so looking forward to receiving your gift!  Thank you!

Sue in IL

P.S. Snail mail info in PM; let me know if it doesn't reach you.

CozyQuilts

May-30

Email me your address and I will send what I have out this weekend.  I'm happy to help out.  I don't want anything in  return, have way too much already.

Donna in California

LABFIEND

May-30

Mailed it yesterday, should be there soon, enjoy!sunglasses