Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Worried About DH   General Discussion

Started Jun-1 by 3carats (MaryDinFL); 1201 views.
MarciainMD

Jun-2

I'm sorry.  I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts.

LindaPutt

Jun-2

Sending prayers and good thoughts for you and your husband Mary.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-2

oh..so sorry to hear this..I sure hope they find out what is causing his issue without further damage to his kidneys....sending prayers....

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-2

I'm so sorry and I know the uncertainty of health, seemingly all of the sudden, is so very concerning and stressful.  Trust there is a plan for your lives and take a day at a time.  Reach out to friends and family you have in your area for them to just sit with you so you're not alone while he is taken for various tests and procedures.  You don't even have to talk about anything but just to sit with someone often provides such comfort.  I'm so glad you came here to share.  Do so anytime!

In reply toRe: msg 13

Thanks for your heartfelt concern and prayers. The procedure will be tomorrow (Monday) afternoon and I'll keep you posted.

In reply toRe: msg 14

The heart cath went very well yesterday. There was a blood clot and they inserted a stent all done through the catheter. It was a very long day for him. He had to lie flat for 6 hours to make sure his blood would clot before they took out the cath. Since he has been on blood thinners it took 10 hours. They tested his blood every hour after the six hours and it very slowly got to the number they needed. After they removed the cath a nurse applied pressure for 45 minutes.

As for his kidneys, they usually use dye at 300. They reduced it to 46. They expect no further damage to his kidneys but will monitor closely.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I was able to get through this with a positive attitude and almost worry free.

judyinohio

Jun-4

Mary, we could not have asked for a better report!! 

I suspect that your hubby was pretty miserable during those hours flat on his back (I know I would be) but the end result is what counts .... his heart problem was fixed with no added kidney problem. I bet he was grumbling about being hungry by the time this procedure was over and done with.

Midkid5

Jun-4

Mary, glad to hear things went well for DH and that you had a sense of peace thru it.  The best for the both of you as you heal from the physical and emotional.

Jo

MarciainMD

Jun-4

I'm so glad DH's procedure went well.  That must be such a relief.

Good to hear that all went well yesterday!