Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trying to remember tote bag name   General Discussion

Started Jun-8 by sueinIL; 380 views.
sueinIL

Jun-8

Ah, I didn't know that! I remember I made some fold-up bags for a retreat gift one year.  They ended up as a little pillow folded up on itself and tucked in, kind of like those quillow quilts that were popular then.I

Thanks for the information, 

Sue in IL

When I saw you post I knew it had to be a schlep bag. We made them at a VOS retreat many years ago. I was sitting across from Lindale Hoo. She decided to make a teeny tiny version for Zelda the stuffed zebra that was sent by a forum member who could not attend in person. I think Linda''s bag was about 2-3 inches tall....goes to show you can make them any size.

Mishii

Jun-9

I'm glad you asked about this.  I have a lot of orphan blocks that I think will be put to good use as schlep bags.  I also need some bags as I don't have very many.

Thanks for the link whoever posted it!

In reply toRe: msg 8
judyinohio

Jun-9

You are most welcome, Mishii.  Have fun schlepping!

MarciainMD

Jun-9

Judy, thank you for sharing the link.  I was just thinking about making some shopping bags and this pattern will be great as well as using up some stash!