Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What brand of machine is this?   General Discussion

Started Jul-7 by sueinIL; 178 views.
sueinIL

Jul-7

DD's friend showed her this sewing machine, which had belonged to her mother.  I wish I could send a picture of it, but will have to rely on a description.  It is blue and white metal, has a kind of long, slender head.  The right end over the presser foot is vertically flat, not rounded or rocket-shaped. There is no badge on it now. Nothing electronic, all mechanical with a short belt on the right end beneath the wheel.  Can anyone tell what brand or age this might be?  I think she'd like to know whatever information you might have.  Thank you for any help!

Sue in IL

latterberry

Jul-8

Google "blue and white vintage sewing machines" and under images you will get lots of pictures.  See if one looks like it so maybe we could help a little better. I gave my DD  a vintage blue machine and it is the cutest thing.  I can't remember what kind it was though.  It was a 15-91 (Singer) clone though.

sueinIL

Jul-8

Thanks, Lynne, I had not thought of googling for it!  I'll let DD know and we can both look.  She posted a picture to FB, but I don't know how to get it from there to here.  Old brain, I guess.

Sue in IL