Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This Could Be a Doozy of a Forever Project   Off-Topic Chat

Started Sep-4 by judyinohio; 723 views.
In reply toRe: msg 10
judyinohio

Sep-5

That photo gives you a good idea of the size of the fabric balls. I would guess that perhaps they are glue-basted and then sewn to a fabric backing.

But that is just a guess on my part.

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-6

I looked at her website (text is in Spanish) and I think she just stitches the 'lumps' together....no glue...and didn't find any evidence of her using a backing..seems the fabric is mostly knits or other stretchables... a couple of the pictures show she has large tubs to pick from...did not see any that show the actual creation of the balls and tubes...

all in all...fascinating!

judyinohio

Sep-6

Suze, if we keep posting these photos showing how the cute little "blobs" and "balls" are formed I just know we are going to get Pirate really tempted, tempted enough to try to make a dozen or two of these things.

The trick is in sourcing the fabrics ...  they certainly do not look like quilting cottons, do they?  Perhaps doll making knits?

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-6

they do look like some sort of knit...maybe t-shirt fabric would work?  I wonder what she uses to stuff them with...

might be an interesting project for recycling....

you could do this with hot glue onto a backing instead of sewing each one...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-6

Nope.  Not even vaguely tempted. 

bornblesse2

Sep-6

Nice try Judy!  Lol

judyinohio

Sep-6

T-shirt knit is a great idea ... cotton balls (used for rubbing alcohol purposes) for stuffing .... my goodness what a fun idea this could be.

But not for me, for others, perhaps.

hey, if you need some t-shirt fabric....I'm always throwing away trashbags full.

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-6

eh...

I think I have enough here!!

thanks though...