Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This Could Be a Doozy of a Forever Project   Off-Topic Chat

Started Sep-4 by judyinohio; 728 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-4

Those are oddly fascinating!

judyinohio

Sep-4

I thought so, too. Do you see those wee little globes/blobs as a great hand piecing project for the road trips that you and Mr. Pirate are prone to take?   Bad Judy!  smiling_imp

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-4

remind me of the 'rock' bath mats...made of poofs...

I could see me doing this....

judyinohio

Sep-4

Aw, shucks.  There goes my enabling reputation .....

sueinIL

Sep-5

Wonder if there is a backing of some kind and how the balls are attached to it or to each other. Interestingly odd.

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Sep-5

Sue, I followed the link in that first URL in the first message of this thread and I found this photo and caption.

In reply toRe: msg 10
judyinohio

Sep-5

That photo gives you a good idea of the size of the fabric balls. I would guess that perhaps they are glue-basted and then sewn to a fabric backing.

But that is just a guess on my part.

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-6

I looked at her website (text is in Spanish) and I think she just stitches the 'lumps' together....no glue...and didn't find any evidence of her using a backing..seems the fabric is mostly knits or other stretchables... a couple of the pictures show she has large tubs to pick from...did not see any that show the actual creation of the balls and tubes...

all in all...fascinating!

judyinohio

Sep-6

Suze, if we keep posting these photos showing how the cute little "blobs" and "balls" are formed I just know we are going to get Pirate really tempted, tempted enough to try to make a dozen or two of these things.

The trick is in sourcing the fabrics ...  they certainly do not look like quilting cottons, do they?  Perhaps doll making knits?