Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help! How much batting on a bolt?   General Discussion

Started Sep-6 by sueinIL; 1215 views.
sueinIL

Sep-6

How much batting (Hobbs 80/20) is on a new unopened, wrapped-in-plastic bolt? The regular price is $12.99 per yard, and at 40% off, it's a pretty good buy.  The young man at the cash register didn't know, and I didn't want to hold up the line behind me.   Thanks!

Sue in IL

qltmkr1

Sep-6

I googled for the info, and it appears there would be 30 yards on a full bolt.

HTH!

Cheryl

sueinIL

Sep-6

Thank you! I hope that sale runs through Sunday.

Sue in IL

qltmkr1

Sep-7

Fingers crossed!  relaxed

Kind of odd that there isn't a place on the end of the bolt that would state how many yards are on it...

Cheryl  

CC (ccase5)

Sep-7

wow, that young man wasn't trained. they sell bolts. oh well, hope you got some while still on sale.
sueinIL

Sep-7

I looked but didn't see anything. It said the width, the brand, the composition, etc.  No length.  Some of the packages were already opened as people bought yardage.  I might have to get a partial one, but it's still at a good price.

Sue in IL

qltmkr1

Sep-8

Let us know how many yards you get!  I'm sure there'll still be some left today.

Cheryl

sueinIL

Sep-8

OK.  I got a bolt of 15 yards for $116.85; regular price was $194.85.  It's Hobbs Heirloom Batting, 80/20, a blend I like a lot for my quilts.  The good side:  it's so nice to be able to cut to fit and not have large pieces left over.  The bad side:  the roll takes up a lot of room!

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Sep-8

Wrap a quilt around it and stand it in a corner of a room somewhere.  Does not have to be in your sewing room.

sueinIL

Sep-8

A very good idea!

Sue in IL