Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help! How much batting on a bolt?   General Discussion

Started Sep-6 by sueinIL; 1208 views.
CC (ccase5)

Sep-7

wow, that young man wasn't trained. they sell bolts. oh well, hope you got some while still on sale.
sueinIL

Sep-7

I looked but didn't see anything. It said the width, the brand, the composition, etc.  No length.  Some of the packages were already opened as people bought yardage.  I might have to get a partial one, but it's still at a good price.

Sue in IL

qltmkr1

Sep-8

Let us know how many yards you get!  I'm sure there'll still be some left today.

Cheryl

sueinIL

Sep-8

OK.  I got a bolt of 15 yards for $116.85; regular price was $194.85.  It's Hobbs Heirloom Batting, 80/20, a blend I like a lot for my quilts.  The good side:  it's so nice to be able to cut to fit and not have large pieces left over.  The bad side:  the roll takes up a lot of room!

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Sep-8

Wrap a quilt around it and stand it in a corner of a room somewhere.  Does not have to be in your sewing room.

sueinIL

Sep-8

A very good idea!

Sue in IL

JoAnns measures it even if it’s sealed up! 

sueinIL

Sep-8

Surprisingly, they didn't measure! But when I checked out and the clerk scanned the barcode, she told me the price was $10.10.  I asked her was that correct?  And she said yes, it was $12.99 originally and was on sale for 40% off, $7.79.  I said but it is 15 yards.  So she scanned again and the true price came up.  She just said-- and I am not kidding--Oops!  Darned conscience.

Sue in IL

sueinIL said:

So she scanned again and the true price came up.  She just said-- and I am not kidding--Oops!  Darned conscience.

Yes, I would have done the same thing. They have bills to pat like we do!

judyinohio

Sep-9

And was this clerk a juvenile, someone under the age of twenty-one?

Any mature clerk (someone who can do math in her head) would have realized that $10.10 was an unrealistic price for a bolt of batting.