Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Latest skirmish in the battle of quilter vs cat   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started 9/9/19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1146 views.

it's not the spool, its actual threads.  I've caught him "extracting" threads from my scrap basket too.  We had some sheer curtains that he destroyed one thread at a time, catching a thread with his claws then slowly pulling it out then eating.  I don't see him living a particularly long life at this rate, but at least I can keep the obvious things locked up.

I don't understand the thread-eating thing at all.  After all, they are not mouse-flavored or sardine-flavored.  ;o)  Actually seems like they would not taste good at all.  I can see why they like to toy with the threads, but looks like they would hate having them in their mouths.  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

9/9/19

Face it: the cat is a jerk.  :-)

Adorable but a jerk.

Stupid. Warm and cuddly, but stupid. He also eats cardboard boxes. Did not get the memo explaining that cats like to get IN boxes. Guess he just read Cats like boxes and thought that meant to eat

What a brat! He is such a nice kitty too. How frustrating that he is addicted to long pieces of thread. 

Our dogs like to chew on sticks. Well Sadie's the hound kinda got stopped up and the vet had to pull the remains of sticks out of her back end. Crazy dog.

latterberry

9/10/19

My goodness!  That must be frustrating to have to be so careful all the time. Poor guy wouldn't stand a chance at my house.  A friend of mine has a black lab that will eat strange things.  He has had 3 surgeries to remove socks and when they go for walks, she has to keep an eye on him to keep him from eating rocks.  I thought this article was interesting.

https://vettedpetcare.com/vetted-blog/feline-pica-need-know/

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

9/10/19

Interesting. He us a siamese mix. I guess it could be worse. Not sure how you would take away all electrical cords.

judyinohio

9/10/19

DH had a patient (teenage girl) with pica who could not stop pulling out and eating her hair. He referred her to Ohio State University's psychiatric hospital and never got any feedback from those doctors or the family.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

9/10/19

as the mother of 2 nail biters (and a former nailbiter myself) I can sympathize.    Last night he was convinced there was a "something" in my bookcase between the books.  I didn't get down to check, but he sat and stared at it for about an hour.  Then he moved to the lizards on the windows- we have lots of little geckos that love to run in when we let the dogs out.  Plus a few big buzzing bugs that hit the window at night.  Makes for a stressed out kitty.