Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 128517 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/11/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

wishing I could be there.

We are so wishing you could be here also.  You are missed.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/11/20

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

See you all at the hotel!!!

Tomorrow.  Just 1 more sleep to go.

Judy (DJZMOM)

2/11/20

Misha (MISHAMISHA) said...

Had to take the smaller suitcase within out, and replaced it with a duffel bag. Also grabbed one of those monster sized Ziploc bags to put inside of the duffel bag just for added protection on the way home, as I don't know how durable it is. Will only put soft things in it like clothes. Re-weighed the big bag and it's about 40lbs now, yay!

What a good idea to swap a duffel bag instead of the smaller suitcase.  I was desperately trying to get everything into the medium instead of the large one to our set.  But I nearly had all my stuff to work on etc and already it was full.  Had to admit I needed to use the large suitcase.  Of that stuff I'll not be bringing a lot home and will try to bring home less fabric again.  I did better on that topic last year so hopefully I can repeat that!  But I will have room if need be!

Oh!  And there is also Priority Mail that can be used too!  hehehehehehe

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/11/20

Don't forget I have a bag of your things from last year.  It's not heavy.

Judy (DJZMOM)

2/11/20

Yes!  One more sleep!!!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

2/11/20

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Don't forget I have a bag of your things

Yes! This is one of the reasons I need the big suitcase...for all the extra stuff coming home with me including that bag, and 2 quilts Mishi did for me, plus whatever I buy. I was trying to put a smaller suitcase inside the big one so it wouldn't take up so much space in Denise's vehicle (as she's picking 3 of us up together) but the extra suitcase was a tad too heavy. The duffle bag will work just fine I'm sure and will be my 2nd checked luggage on the way home.

I will really miss you. Two years in a row.....not fair that you can't get away!

My big suitcase with a smaller one inude was 47 pounds. Mark was kinda concerned about what I might bring home.

Mishii

2/11/20

I checked in today and still wound up in C group.  

Now I'm going to go start packing.  In a minute.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

2/11/20

Don't forget your hair stuff and toothpaste grin