Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 135732 views.
mxkittens

2/12/20

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Wishing you ladies lots and lots of laughs and hugs.  I haven't been here because it makes me too sad to read about the preparations.  But know I am thinking of you and wishing I could be there.

Dee, you must know that you are incredibly missed!  We hope this does not start a trend and we see you next year!  (((((HUGS))))))

mxkittens

2/12/20

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

See some of you tomorrow!

Ladies, I plan on getting there between 3 and 4pm.  Any plans for dinner?

mxkittens

2/12/20

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Ellen, do you still want some tote bags to put stuff into for your charity work?  I've some squirreled away for you but wanted to verify before they actually get packed.

Ellen,

I also have an big empty box I can bring?

bornblesse2

2/12/20

Shelley, you can bring them!  The guild guild a Laura and I attend makes them.  They can go there...or my church collects all sorts of items for the homeless.

bring on the totes!  I cleaned out some a while back as I had too many.  I may have to it again soon.  I love that they might be reused.

bornblesse2

2/12/20

A big box?  Becky, I don’t know that I need another box at retreat .....I’m sure my vehicle is full as is!

oh, btw, I would be down until later.  I have work until after 3(ish). And then need to finish packing.  I’m not all organized yet.  Most like it will be after supper.

nylaagain

2/12/20

Kid and I would go with.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

2/12/20

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

I don't like that you are being worked like they don't respect you and your knowledge. 

well, that is the silver lining.  They do respect me & my knowledge, perhaps too much.  That's part of why I'm so busy, last man standing kind of thing.  I've been here long enough now and so many have left that I'm in high demand.  I've joked that I need a "take a number" outside my office. I have put together a "do not disturb, please email me unless urgent sign" at the suggestion of my boss.  I also posted a picture of Cerberus on my door for a while.  Either as a warning or to signify where I was living (gates of hell).  Isn't he cute!  I wish I had time to make a little applique quilt with his picture - hehe

nylaagain

2/12/20

I don't know but think it's an advertising gimmick. It's now at $69. They are booked solid here and know they can't accommodate but they have other Quality Inns around HERE. Want to bet those others aren't offering that price?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

2/12/20

If it's advertised, I think we can legitimately ask to have our room rate adjusted even though we have a contract.