Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 56431 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-17

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

update his resume as appropriate. 

Bob got it. He will pass it on to some people he knows and see if they have anything.

lppenguins

Dec-18

Usually it’s just a puddle of water with the eyes, nose and mouth in it. Lol

lppenguins

Dec-18

It snowed like that in Lubbock in the late 70’s too. We were stranded at DSIL outside of town. Car battery was frozen, no phone, almost no food and she had a brand new baby! After 2 days Dmil ran by cause no one heard from us in a couple of days.
really scary, no neighbors for miles.  

lppenguins

Dec-18

That Llama quilt was adorable!

lppenguins

Dec-18

I knew I had a lot of family gifts to get so I started there, now I had just my hubby and kids. NEVER again. I’ll buy my immediate family first, the anything else if I have time. 
live n learn (at my age) lol

LABFIEND

Dec-18

We opened our presents when we were down in Houston, brought back a wool llama finger puppet from London for granddaughter.  Got a text from DIL yesterday with a picture of said llama, asking if I could get a replacement.  Dog had chewed the mane and one ear off, I think I can fix it, told her to send it to me. Or I could go back to London and get another!!  Granddaughter was upset so of course i will try and fix it.  Fortunately I have plenty of wool to work with-haha!!

bornblesse2

Dec-18

Well,  here is a plea....aka....announcement for retreat!

my church group has lost several of our ladies this year.  And one in particular who was a big helper for making our quilts.  Not only do we miss her, but we inherited her stash!  Oh my gosh!  Our storage was full before....now we are overrun!  
I have been cutting up boxes of small stuff into blocks and strips.  My box of kits is full, my boxes of fabric groupings is full, my closet is full, my space at home is overrun!

so, I have a PLEA, request, an option for retreaters!  might some of you be interested in the charity stuff again?  I hope so!  Because we can’t keep all of this!  
Who might be interested ?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-18

If you guys can provide me with a sewing machine, I'll gladly help with the charity quilts. 

Would it be possible to list the sizes of the pieces you've cut the fabric into?  If I knew what size the products are then I can look thru my library to see what layouts would work best instead of trying to figure out what to do when I'm there.

OR do you have a suggested layout to go with your kits?

bornblesse2

Dec-18

Some of both, Shelley!   I have one kit in particular that you might like!  It is squares that you sew in a straight, usual set.  BUT, you place a certain edging fabric in particular places.  When sewn together you make 3 cuts resewing and the whole thing ends up on point!

if you’d do that one, I know my ladies would appreciate it as they prefer just squares!

OR,  I have quite a few small panel like things that we have begun just sewing a border to them. Lots of these are small odd things.  We have been making them into lap robes so they get used up and not as much work as a small quilt!

(and we have a couple homes that love receiving them!)

I also have  6” alphabet squares that need to be sewn into something small.  I have some solids that can be used with them...lol, we had about 6 of these at one point.  I thought they were all gone....well, guess what!

oR, in January I can organize a box and post pictures for you to pick from!

yes, that would be great -- then won't pack so much stuff!