Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 56584 views.
bornblesse2

Dec-18

Some of both, Shelley!   I have one kit in particular that you might like!  It is squares that you sew in a straight, usual set.  BUT, you place a certain edging fabric in particular places.  When sewn together you make 3 cuts resewing and the whole thing ends up on point!

if you’d do that one, I know my ladies would appreciate it as they prefer just squares!

OR,  I have quite a few small panel like things that we have begun just sewing a border to them. Lots of these are small odd things.  We have been making them into lap robes so they get used up and not as much work as a small quilt!

(and we have a couple homes that love receiving them!)

I also have  6” alphabet squares that need to be sewn into something small.  I have some solids that can be used with them...lol, we had about 6 of these at one point.  I thought they were all gone....well, guess what!

oR, in January I can organize a box and post pictures for you to pick from!

yes, that would be great -- then won't pack so much stuff!  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-18

Whatever you have would be fine.  Charity quilts tend to be simple construction and I can do simple.  :-) 

LABFIEND

Dec-18

bornblesse2 said:

Who might be interested ?

I'm in!

In fact, I plan on bringing some charity quilts for you 

Didn't we make a dent in your stash last year?  ROTFL!!

bornblesse2

Dec-18

Yes, you put a dent in my personal stash.  BUT, my church group has outgrown its storage space and is overwhelmed!  With me still working and limited sewers, we can’t keep all we have at church.  So, the kits I bring this year will be from the church!

so, I am gathering together kits in hopes that other will help us condense!  We don’t even care what happens to the quilt tops...but I don’t like throwing away fabric.

sadly, many of our fellow church quilting groups are disbanding due to lack of participation.  So, I have at least 3 gals who travel to my church to join us once a month.

bornblesse2

Dec-18

Shelley or Patti,

I just found three of these panels.  I can’t think of a way to make it a quilt.  But, the panel says to make it into a doll blanket with the small squares make a pillow.

if we made them into that, maybe next Christmas they could become gifts with dolls?  
ideas?  Anybody do charity gifting like this?  Anybody interested in something like this!

if someone wants to make, use, etc....I can find some backing to match.

bornblesse2

Dec-18

Shelley, I found a set of Jelly Roll strips and about 35-40 precut squares that seem to match.

Can you dream up something to do with those?

LABFIEND

Dec-18

Add borders, use the smaller squares for cornerstones, we can figure something.  I have some cute teddy bear with alphabets that might make a border, i will throw that into the pile.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-18

bornblesse2 said:

Shelley, I found a set of Jelly Roll strips and about 35-40 precut squares that seem to match. Can you dream up something to do with those?

I'll certainly work on it.   Can you send me a photo of them so I can see the colors?  

I love to make little doll quilts.  Not only are they cute and I know that little girls love them, but they are small projects that I can finish!  Now, once I retire, maybe I can make some bigger quilts.  LOL  And also by next year, I will be able to make dolls to go with the doll quilts too. 

I have one suggestion for the doll quilts if they are going to really be for dolls and little girls, and not just wall hangings.  Don't use batting - just use flannel on the back.  That makes them very snuggly, and they are easier to wrap around the dolls and/or tuck them into bed, and they drape better than little quilts that have thicker batting in them.  You know me -- I like to make doll beds and bedding.  :o)