Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 56211 views.
LABFIEND

Dec-19

bornblesse2 said:

I also have a rag quilt kit that my ladies don’t want to sew together.  It is too different from the basic squares they do. anyone interested?

If you bring it they will sew!!

I love rag quilts, they are done when they are done!!

LABFIEND

Dec-19

Nice colors, I am sure Pirate can do something spectacular!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-19

Excellent.   What size are the squares?

Also, "doll" quilts (and/or "doll" sleeping bags -- also easy) can be made for teddy bears and other critters.  Don't want to leave the boys out.  :o)

For bigger quilts, it's pretty easy to make blocks quickly from just squares and strips, or just squares.  Well, you know all that.  haha  I like to make "floating" on-point square-in-a-square blocks, where you use squares that are all the same size.  No need to make exact points or cut different sizes of triangles to frame the blocks, which is why the on-point squares "float," and it looks harder than it really is.  :o)  Well, you know all that too.  ha    

bornblesse2

Dec-19

Another good idea!  Sometimes it is the simple things that we forget!  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-19

LABFIEND said:

asking if I could get a replacement.

Did she seriously expect you to replace a gift you bought in London???  Hope you can fix it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-19

I guess you weren't kidding about not needing any of what I inherited.  I took 3 boxes to the church and have 3 boxes here.  One for you, one for Viola/Gloria(they don't know about it yet) and one for Kim.  Then there are the 3 large totes filled with scraps the need to be cut into usable squares or strips.  We will see how far I get with those.  Not going to do any until after Christmas.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-19

bornblesse2 said:

I just found three of these panels

Looks like a design opportunity for someone.  I'm sure we can think of something, especially if we can combine squares from the panels.

LABFIEND

Dec-19

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Did she seriously expect you to replace a gift you bought in London???  Hope you can fix it.

?She probably should have realized I bought it in London, but she probably hoped I didn't, as DGD was very upset!  I think Icanfix it, looks like an ear and the mane.  Now whether they can keep the dog from it in the future is anyone's guess.  Maybe I should make  a wool unicorn just for him!