Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 56585 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-21

OK, Ellen.  I'm working on an Attic Window layout to use the charm squares and the jelly roll strips.   (I even installed EQ7 to be able to play around.  :-)  )

What size are you looking for the finished quilt to be?   Ballpark figures would be great so I can figure out what configuration a/o borders are needed.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Dec-21

Please give Bob a big hug for us for his willingness to pass DJ's resume to anyone who might have need of an aerospace engineering intern.  He sure is looking forward to doing something more in that industry instead of cleaning aircraft.  But he knows he has to begin somewhere.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Dec-21

I might be interested in helping.  Let me think what I was going to work on.  But first to get through Christmas and DJ back to Atlanta 1/4th.  I don't know if he'll be taking his GT quilt back with him or I'll be mailing it.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-21

Just because I am currently in the middle of a quilt missing in the mail, if *at all possible*, I would advise DJ carrying that quilt himself and never, ever, ever relinquishing possession of it until he's back at school.   Not even in checked baggage, mainly because I'm paranoid about me going one way and the luggage going another.

I would have my heart in my throat if it was to be mailed, even if it had the most stringent mailing restrictions on the package.  Just because I'm paranoid that way.

Mail some OTHER stuff of his, if needs be, but put that quilt in his carry-on!

Plan to send the rest of retreat fee next Friday, the 27th. Is that ok time wise? Don't see a date where that's due specifically. Trying to keep everything in order. :) TIA!

KSCarolyn

Dec-21

It is in message #1 that the balance of the retreat fee is due by January 18th.  If you want to mail it now you can or you can wait.

Carolyn

LABFIEND

Dec-21

I have been sewing scraps all afternoon and my pile doesn't seem to be any smaller!

I would love to do charity quilts at retreat, if we make tops, can you get them quilted?

bornblesse2

Dec-21

I am not aiming for any particular size!  Just doing charity quilts!

bornblesse2

Dec-21

Judy, DJ can try Honeywell!  I asked DH, but he doesn’t know anybody with connections there to help get him an internship.  But, he could always try there.

bornblesse2

Dec-21

Yes, I will work on getting them finished. If I take charity tops back to my church group, they get tied.  But any charity ones I bring can go to any charity.  Other around sometimes do charity...

Or, I could try to quilt with DENISE!  But, I hardly see that girl!  This year it has been like she lives in another start because of her busy therapy workouts!