Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What's everyone hoping for for Christmas   General Discussion

Started 12/5/19 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1); 1245 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

12/5/19

got my quilty items already  ...a wool mat, 10 yards of muslin...and a new roller case for my sewing machine to replace the one that broke in the middle of an intersection at Road a couple of years ago...

I stick bows on them on Christmas Eve....

i'm sure most all of us have a ton of stuff, but we always want something, right? LOL!!!!

Nice! Bows on em make me funny since you already know. LOL!!! My sis and I do that sometimes..."ok, do you like it? Now forget it! You're getting it for Christmas" sis, "But it's June!"

CozyQuilts

12/6/19

Very true!   I did ask  my sister for a Quilter's Planner 2020 for Christmas.   I hope I get one as I use planners all the time!  I got my main Christmas present in June when hubby bought me the Jazz II sewing machine, so I'm very happy!  It sews  like a dream!

Pamjr

12/6/19

What is a wool mat??

In reply toRe: msg 7
Suze (casuzenn)

12/6/19

wool ironing mat..its supposed to make pressing seams easier..and if you use steam it really sets the seam..

have not tried it yet! But I have watched videos...and it looks like it will be marvelous.

CozyQuilts said:

June when hubby bought me the Jazz II

I have the first Jazz. No needle up/down. Took a long time to get used to using my foot pedal to put the needle down before I move a quilt template.  I’m happy with it now! I have a Viking Platium for piecing. 

In reply toRe: msg 9
CozyQuilts

12/6/19

I love my Jazz II.  Funny thing is that I was used to just pushing the button on my Brother and not using the pedal as it hurt my leg.  I take my Brother for class and now that I use the Jazz at home I have to remind myself that I don't need the pedal.  I just have to remember to put my bobbin in correctly or I will have problems later on.  

That's so cool! Congrats!

If you don't get the Quilter's Planner, consider a Bullet Journal...they're all the rage now :) 

lavenderloco

12/7/19

Quilter’s Planner??? Are you talking about a daily/weekly scheduling planner with a quilty cover? Or a planner that records your quilty projects??  Is there a particular company that makes what you’re looking for?

Just curious

Donna in Oklahoma