Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What's everyone hoping for for Christmas   General Discussion

Started 12/5/19 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1); 1243 views.
Pamjr

12/6/19

What is a wool mat??

In reply toRe: msg 7
Suze (casuzenn)

12/6/19

wool ironing mat..its supposed to make pressing seams easier..and if you use steam it really sets the seam..

have not tried it yet! But I have watched videos...and it looks like it will be marvelous.

CozyQuilts said:

June when hubby bought me the Jazz II

I have the first Jazz. No needle up/down. Took a long time to get used to using my foot pedal to put the needle down before I move a quilt template.  I’m happy with it now! I have a Viking Platium for piecing. 

In reply toRe: msg 9
CozyQuilts

12/6/19

I love my Jazz II.  Funny thing is that I was used to just pushing the button on my Brother and not using the pedal as it hurt my leg.  I take my Brother for class and now that I use the Jazz at home I have to remind myself that I don't need the pedal.  I just have to remember to put my bobbin in correctly or I will have problems later on.  

That's so cool! Congrats!

If you don't get the Quilter's Planner, consider a Bullet Journal...they're all the rage now :) 

lavenderloco

12/7/19

Quilter’s Planner??? Are you talking about a daily/weekly scheduling planner with a quilty cover? Or a planner that records your quilty projects??  Is there a particular company that makes what you’re looking for?

Just curious

Donna in Oklahoma 

In reply toRe: msg 12
CozyQuilts

12/7/19

Donna,

This is what I'm talking about.  It's a daily-weekly planner that records your quilty projects.  Here is a link:  https://quiltersplanner.com/products/.   They are really pricey but you can find them at Hobby Lobby for under $30.  

I like having a planner so I can keep track of what I'm doing plus it's a calendar.   Very handy.  Once I find my calendar, I'll post a picture.

In reply toRe: msg 13
CozyQuilts

12/7/19

Sorry, wrong link:  https://quiltersplanner.com/product/2020-quilters-planner-plus-in-teal-cover/.   You can find them at Hobby Lobby.

lavenderloco

12/7/19

Too cool! I’m going to Hobby Lobby today so I’ll keep an eye out for them. A quilty friend and I try to get together once a month to make a list of things we want to accomplish for the month. Also, some long term projects. This would be great as a gift for both of us.

MarciainMD

12/7/19

I just saw that Amazon has a coupon that gives $5.00 off the planner. Plus free shipping if you have Prime.