Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Interesting evolution   General Discussion

Started Feb-21 by sueinIL; 494 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-21

When I got my Innova, I was advised to get a cone of Glide's "Khaki" color.  It's kind of an old gold color.  I was doubtful but ... holy moley! ... that color goes with everything!   Now I make sure that I am NEVER out of that color!

sueinIL

Feb-21

Pirate, I use a color like that for piecing.  It seems to hide better in all except very light prints.  Every time there's a thread sale, I buy another one.

Sue in IL

Mishii

Feb-22

I love Glide's khaki...it really is the perfect blender.

LindaPutt

Feb-23

Mine too Shelley - my go to is called Camel, & is probably very similar, just in another brand. 

In reply toRe: msg 6

need to give you mine cone of So Fine then.  I bought it and haven't used it even once.  Always seem to pick gray something or other.

Mishii

Feb-24

I switch between grey and khaki usually.  I have light grey, medium grey, dark grey....heh.  The khaki initially looks like a bright gold, but it is amazing how well it blends.

I think it's because Grey is the new "in" color. It was Taupe, and before that Beige...but I'll tell you, I use a light beige for piecing, and for quilting, typically something that hides well, though sometimes something that pops...depends on the quilt. :D