Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Everyone is using novelty fabric!   General Discussion

Started May-18 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 837 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-9

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

, or will many of them end up in thrift stores, scrap baskets, thrown away, etc.?  We'll see.

Mine will be tucked away for future use or as a momento of 2020.

latterberry

Jun-10

A friend of mine made about 50 for a local nursing home staff and they called and asked her for more.  She questioned their need and they had used them and thinking they were disposable, pitched them after each use.  She was pretty mad and had to explain that they could be washed. I made dozens for the employees of our grocery store and have yet to see a familiar one .

LABFIEND

Jun-10

latterberry said:

A friend of mine made about 50 for a local nursing home staff and they called and asked her for more.  She questioned their need and they had used them and thinking they were disposable, pitched them

Now that would upset me also!  I am sewing for a group that gives them to the Navajo Nation, and we let them know that they are washable and reusable

I am worried landfill. That is why I made them for specific individuals who asked.  But then folks are not required to wear them here like some states. Hard to say how much of this is short term or permanent.

tuckyquilter

Jul-5

I see people tossing them in the trash upon leaving a store.  and the paper ones from hospitals, and rubber gloves,  are all over the place.  Huge trash issue for sure, and lots of it is ending up in gutters.

I made several for my daughter who does therapy in a rehab hospital and nursing home. To start with they let her use them but now they are not allowed to use the cotton as they are not considered sanitary. She still uses them for her pediatrik home heath patients tho. Every week the rules change. expressionless

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said...

To start with they let her use them but now they are not allowed to use the cotton as they are not considered sanitary. She still uses them for her pediatrik home heath patients tho. Every week the rules change.

Exactly!! So frustrating!!