Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrap busting Picnic Mystery   Quilting Challenges

Started May-19 by bornblesse2; 4777 views.
bornblesse2

May-19

Who else is doing the Scrap-busting Picnic Mystery by shouts 4joy?

it started today.  I was excited because clue one is 4 patches from 3” squares!  And, I had a whole baggy of 3” squares sitting here!  I am going To use them up!

she is giving 1 clue each week for several weeks.  She is doing scrappy so we can work from our  stashes.  I hav3 no idea what border fabric I will use, but I am just going to wing this and use what I have.

i saw Misha on the site as well as Judy A.  Just wondered if some of the rest of you saw this?   DENISE? Nyla? .....anyone?

I have not seen it.............where is it? Might be fun to do something with my scrap bin.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-19

Nope, I'm declining the opportunity.  As a general rule, I don't like mystery quilts.  I have enough UFOs of my own that I don't need to have another one, whose final look is a mystery!

But I'll be reading about it and look forward to what you guys create. :-)

LABFIEND

May-20

I have enough projects that need to be done!  My niece (the one who likes pink!!) sent me t shirts for a quilt, and she is already texting me asking how it is going.  I was afraid of that.  So I need to get going on that one! She has had alot of problems in her life, and I want to get it done for her.

And that is just one of the projects I NEED to finish, plus the masks...the masks!!

Ellen,

I'm watching it, but I'm not allowing myself into the sewing room until after I've taken NCLEX. I tend to fall "down the rabbit hole" in my sewing projects, and lose all sense of time, etc. Since I don't have time to do that, I've restricted myself :(  LOL!!! I still have the normal responsibilities of yard and house and such on top of studying, and have like 50 days left of the study program...buckling down.

I'm watching tho. It's fun to watch mystery quilts, and I may print them out for future use. :)

Ami, it's on FB. I'll go make sure you're invited!

Edit: someone beat me to it!

bornblesse2

May-20

I thought I’d watch and see what she does.  Then she announced clue 1 and it is 4 patches from 3” squares!  Since I already had them cut up in my scrap box, I decided sewing them into something to use them was better than sitting there!

time will tell if I do the whole thing, but getting pieces sewn onto something usable is always a good thing.  
I have my 4 patches sewn into pairs.  I couldn’t sleep for a bit last night.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

May-22

I know you’ve already seen my picture, but here’s a different view of some of my four patches. Like I said on FB, I need a new project like I need another hole in my head but it sounded like a fun distraction.

Love your batiks! I am gonna start pulling some fabrics and hopefully will have clue 1 finished by the time she posts clue 2. I have two scrap bins here to pull from so should be able to do this without too much pulling from stash.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

May-22

I started my pile for this project by pulling some batiks that I’ve had for a long time. Some of the ones I added later are newer, but many of them are fabrics that I really liked, but had never used for anything. Same with some of the lights, but not all. There are a number of them that didn’t make the cut that felt “warmer“. I should put those all into another pile and make some thing else with them.