Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrap busting Picnic Mystery   Quilting Challenges

Started May-19 by bornblesse2; 4782 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-2

Misha (MISHAMISHA) said...

I participated in a Farmer’s Wife block swap a few years back and have around 100 wonderful blocks but keep stalling on how I want to do the setting

I was really looking forward to doing that swap to and I think I did a few blocks.  But I had to give up when I was so debilitated and felt so lousy as I went through all the testing to determine what was wrong.  You all were so kind to make an extra block each for me.  Colene sent me about 3 or 4 extra packages of blocks that would accumulate.  I love going through those packaging and admiring each block and person who sent it.  

I finally found a setting fabric that I think will work well but still need to get them all out to audition with it.  I, too, take those lovelies out of my cupboard just to look through them.

latterberry

Jun-2

Where do you find this mystery quilt?

bornblesse2

Jun-2

Lynn, 

the mystery is at....

Shout4JoyQuilterScrapbusterGroup

I can’t seem to copy and paste her link.  I might have to find you on FB and share that way- but I’d need your last name.

Let me know if this works.   
I think you would like doing this from your scraps!

In reply toRe: msg 22
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-2

Thanks to those who answered before I got to my email here in CA.  

latterberry:  I hope you join the group.  Joy is an experienced quilt instructor and I've found her instructions well written and videos very helpful.

latterberry

Jun-3

Thanks, I found it.  Not sure I will give it a try--way too many projects to finish up first.  I was mostly curious and I guess I could always do it some time later.

Msg 3588.28 deleted
LindaPutt

Jun-5

After talking to you yesterday, and seeing the picture of your progress, I decided to take the plunge, and join in the fun.  I certainly have plenty of scraps to choose from.  Zahn was here yesterday so I wasn't able to start right away (though I did watch the videos and made screen shots of the PDFs) - but today is the day - woo hoo.  Like Misha posted, maybe this will also get my quilting mojo started up again.  Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement on doing this Ami.

• Edited June 5, 2020 12:58 pm  by  LindaPutt

Thanks Linda. Just have fun with it. There really is no right or wrong, just keep putting fabrics together that look good and keep going. I have all sorts of fabrics and just look at color and background. They all work together.