Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrap busting Picnic Mystery   Quilting Challenges

Started May-19 by bornblesse2; 4790 views.
latterberry

Jun-3

Thanks, I found it.  Not sure I will give it a try--way too many projects to finish up first.  I was mostly curious and I guess I could always do it some time later.

Msg 3588.28 deleted
LindaPutt

Jun-5

After talking to you yesterday, and seeing the picture of your progress, I decided to take the plunge, and join in the fun.  I certainly have plenty of scraps to choose from.  Zahn was here yesterday so I wasn't able to start right away (though I did watch the videos and made screen shots of the PDFs) - but today is the day - woo hoo.  Like Misha posted, maybe this will also get my quilting mojo started up again.  Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement on doing this Ami.

• Edited June 5, 2020 12:58 pm  by  LindaPutt

Thanks Linda. Just have fun with it. There really is no right or wrong, just keep putting fabrics together that look good and keep going. I have all sorts of fabrics and just look at color and background. They all work together.

bornblesse2

Jun-5

Yea Linda!  I have been so happy to be using my scraps to make something easy.  There is no deadline to get done!  Several f us are having fun!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jun-6

I’m almost caught up on clue #3, just need to trim out maybe 20 more blocks and then I can lay everything out for a picture. Hope I have enough border fabric, I think I have two options maybe three. I generally don’t buy more than a yard at a time. Might have to use two different ones, we’ll see how they’re utilized. 

bornblesse2

Jun-6

I am ready to sew my third clue.  I should get to that this morning.  I just got my machine back from getting serviced and I need to see if she purrs!

i am with you in that I don’t have tons of choices for borders.  But when the 3 Dudes closed I did buy up some yardage in TOT colors, so I have a couple to chose from.

In reply toRe: msg 32
Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jun-6

Ok, a sampling of the blocks so far and my two border fabric options. 

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jun-6

When she was talking about border choices, she mentioned tone on tones or solids for those of us who had more of a “modern aesthetic“ going on. But I think that was only a suggestion, I did not get the impression that it was a general recommendation overall.

bornblesse2

Jun-6

I like the way your quilt is looking!

i had a couple of prints that I tried for borders and my response was yuck!  So I went back to solids.  My choice may change when I see what she does...and when I get my blocks with the lights in there.  I have them sewn and pressed this morning.