Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Not political, just want your input about day care in your state   General Discussion

Started Jun-6 by sueinIL; 486 views.
sueinIL

Jun-7

I don't think they can double up.  The class size was cut, the number of teachers were doubled, no shared activities like a video or recess, no field trips to a museum or any where else. It was always such a happy place for the kids, and now the kids are at home with a sitter, the teachers are unemployed, and the building (only a couple years old) is closed.  Other daughter's daycare in Indiana has not lost a day.

Sue in IL

The daycare were termed "essential" here in IN. However, Chris' has stayed open the most of anyone I know, and she's gotten an avg of about 16 hours/week until this last week. They only closed one week. The thing is, with so many people working from home and schools cancelled, people withdrew their kids or kept em home, etc. So she's got a class of 3 sometimes or combines with a third class for 5...wow!

sueinIL

Jun-8

I haven't asked DD how her boys' class sizes have been affected. It's just been crazy for everyone.  Illinois moves into the next phase, so maybe day cares will be opened again here.  I've heard that Illinois is one of the most closed states. Our church will be open with restrictions in July. That will make a difference, too.

Sue in IL

I read that too, the most restricted state, tho not sure what criteria were used.

sueinIL

Jun-9

Maybe we're being evaluated by what isn't open to anyone with or without a mask:  churches, libraries, schools, movie theatres, , etc.  Our restaurants are only open outdoors or drive-by pick-up. If you can't socially distance in a store, for example, masks are mandated.  Some of these might change July 26, if we can move on to the next phase.

Sue in IL