Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9128 views.
bornblesse2

Dec-27

Oh Suze!   Can your sis get a medical chat by computer to get medical advise?  But it does sound like more help is needed to care for your folks!  I am surprised that the hospice people are not making more decisions.

prayers!

Mishii

Dec-27

judyinohio said:

That sounds like criminal negligence to me, like the hospice folks have taken on more clients than they can serve.  For shame. Perhaps it is time to fire that hospice group and send these elderly people by ambulance to the Emergency Room where a social worker will find better care for them.

That is a fantastic idea except that all home health agencies and hospices are over run.  We are having a bit of a pandemic and are a little short on staff.

The hospitals are full with people that are sick.

So shame on you for assuming we are taking on more than we can care for... we are.  Because they are sick and need help and there is no one else.  So we work 16 hour days 7 days a week taking care of folks that we aren't related to and doing the best we can while we try to get through this nightmare.

Shame indeed.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-27

Once you are on hospice...they do not send you to the hospital anymore...just sayin...

I don't know what hospice plan they are on...probably whatever Medicare provides - I think they have SCAN coverage.. It appears whatever the group, it is  overwhelmed with COVID - and probably every group is, including the hospitals - we live in So Cal where the infection rate is super high despite the draconian lockdown measures - there is 0% capacity in the emergency rooms at this point...sigh...

These are not normal times.

judyinohio

Dec-27

In my personal experience hospice relieved my father's suffering and eased him gently "on his way" to put it politely. I saw the women of our local hospice as my dad's friends who did not allow him to suffer any longer than necessary. He was ninety years old and ready to go.

From what I have read here on the forum I do not see that happening with Suze's family member so that's why I suggested negligence.

I did not mean to offend anyone who is being overworked caring for strangers during the 2020 nightmare.

bornblesse2

Dec-27

CA and AZ are overrun with Covid....and medical professionals are struggling to keep up.  My friend who has worked the night Covid floor since this started, had to beg and beg to get a day off when her own personal mental health was low.

it is taking a much higher toll then the general public understands.  I’m sure Hospice personal are struggling as well.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-27

I am pretty sure this episode will probably do both of my parents in...I have come to terms with them not surviving very much longer. They are 91...and though they both have excellent survival instincts,  they don't have much strength left to fight.

I just don't want to lose my sister too...

Suze I will pray for your family. 

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-27

thank you..

I wish I could do more to help them...it's breaking my heart that I can't...

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Sorry to hear this, Suze.  I hope your sister's test was negative.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Suze (casuzenn) said:

Sis is positive for COVID...she says she feels pretty bad.. 

Yikes!  Have your parents been tested?