Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Learned a New Trick For Cutting Fabric Today   General Discussion

Started Jan-3 by judyinohio; 1393 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-3

Good idea.  That would prevent the wobble I sometimes get at the end of that 24" ruler!  I'll have to try it.

latterberry

Jan-4

Clever lady!  I'm glad you found something that works for you.  Now I need to go check out Jordan Fabric's site.  I also have several jelly rolls I bought in my reckless years.

YDritch

Jan-4

Judy:  I've been using a hand weight since I saw her video some time back (I might add that I certainly didn't use the weights for working out).  The weight is a major help when I cut.

Love Donna and her shop.  We visited there two years ago and she is a charming and very personable lady.

hum, interesting.  Seems like I heard someone mention that previously but had forgotten.  Thanks for the reminder, will have to try that.  I have a couple of those weights on Ranger's cat tree (so it doesn't wobble so much when he jumps on it)

judyinohio

Jan-4

Please put a paint can on Ranger's cat tree if you steal his weights!

I would hate to think of Ranger being surprised scream_cat because his tree is suddenly wobbly. pouting_cat

there is also a 30lb weight on each of them - I don't pick those up stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes.  The tree on the tile especially will go sliding as he hits it at run frequently, mostly when I'm coming with the food dish.  He gets fed on the tree so that the doggies can't help themselves.

judyinohio

Jan-4

I have a mental picture of your cat sliding into "home base" at dinner time ....

Clever kitty has learned to survive in house with huge doggies with help of kind-hearted woman.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-4

That IS a great way to hold down the far end of the ruler!  Thanks for sharing.

sueinIL

Jan-4

For all of you who have un-assigned jelly rolls, go to pinterest and find the Jelly Snowflake quilt.  It's so cute and easy and only takes 14 strips.  Many aren't even done with wintery strips.  I'm about to finish one, just have to decide if I want some kind of border on it.

Sue in IL

CC (ccase5)

Jan-4

yep, i have my 5 pound in my sewing room. and just to be good, i have my 3 pound ones by the computer so I can "work out".