Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Learned a New Trick For Cutting Fabric Today   General Discussion

Started Jan-3 by judyinohio; 1398 views.

there is also a 30lb weight on each of them - I don't pick those up stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes.  The tree on the tile especially will go sliding as he hits it at run frequently, mostly when I'm coming with the food dish.  He gets fed on the tree so that the doggies can't help themselves.

judyinohio

Jan-4

I have a mental picture of your cat sliding into "home base" at dinner time ....

Clever kitty has learned to survive in house with huge doggies with help of kind-hearted woman.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-4

That IS a great way to hold down the far end of the ruler!  Thanks for sharing.

sueinIL

Jan-4

For all of you who have un-assigned jelly rolls, go to pinterest and find the Jelly Snowflake quilt.  It's so cute and easy and only takes 14 strips.  Many aren't even done with wintery strips.  I'm about to finish one, just have to decide if I want some kind of border on it.

Sue in IL

CC (ccase5)

Jan-4

yep, i have my 5 pound in my sewing room. and just to be good, i have my 3 pound ones by the computer so I can "work out".
Midkid5

Jan-4

Made it in July, when it came out as a mystery with Christmas scraps. Than I free motioned the "Visit from St Nicholas" poem over it and gave it away as a Christmas gift.

Jo

latterberry

Jan-5

I went to Pintrest and searched for jelly roll snowflake quilt and got all sorts of different ones.  Could you post a photo or link to the one you did?

Did you get much ice a few days ago?  Our trees are still covered in thick ice and it looks like a crystal forest.  But, sadly, tons of branches have fallen.  Some are really big so when it clears up we are going to have some major clean up to do!

LABFIEND

Jan-5

latterberry said:

Our trees are still covered in thick ice and it looks like a crystal forest.  But, sadly, tons of branches have fallen.  Some are really big so when it clears up we are going to have some major clean up to do!

Lynne:  That is the kind of ice storm we had in October.  Major Major tree damage.  Our ice storm came while the trees still had their leaves, which really made the trees bend and break.  Tree limbs are still being cleaned up from that.

latterberry

Jan-5

Our house is surrounded on two sides by these 80+ foot tall white pines. All those needles covered in ice really brought the branches  down.  Fortunately the ones nearest the house are OK and we have no damage.  The sun is finally out this morning so maybe it will melt it off.  A friend of my son runs a landscaping business and is hurting for work in the winter.  I do believe I have enough to boost his income!

sueinIL

Jan-5

Lynne, the one I used is a 4-part mystery quilt project.  All 4 of the weekly directions are given and can be printed out. The first set is cutting, then weeks 1-4, and then finishing. What you see on pinterest are variations of the original.  In fact, I'm looking to do something different in the middle square and to add a border of some kind.  The cutting instructions for all are the the same, but some people use prints, some turn the sub-sections around, some add elaborate borders, etc. to make the finished design their own.  The "original" is Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt Sew Along, a Fat Quarter Shop Exclusive.  It has all the printables from cutting to finishing.  

Hope this gives you a good start!  You'll have fun!

Sue in IL

PS--not much melting here, although streets are clear. The trees are kind of pretty, as long as you can admire them from indoors! All kinds of limbs went down; one from our neighbor's back yard crashed over their fence and hit DH's truck.  We are hoping that the truck door was so thickly iced, that there were just light scratches if anything.  We were without power for several hours on Sunday.  Very happy to get it back in early afternoon.  Happy, that is until we realized Ameren drove across our back yard to get to the damaged wires!  Wait and see on that one!

Hope we've seen the last of the ice for this season.  Take care!