Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Starting on a Mini Dresden Rainbow Project   General Discussion

Started Sep-14 by judyinohio; 840 views.
judyinohio

Sep-16

Oh, my, that is a divine looking tool!  Do not have one of those.

I generally use the eye end of a crewel needle that has the pointy end in a rubber thingamabob.

viola (sissly4)

Sep-17

Suz my turning point is a wooded one not metel.I use it when I am making dresses and purses

MelRN

Sep-17

That's cool! I use a knitting needle picked up from the table at retreat one year :D 

I have one of those, but I don't really use it for turning points.  Mine is wooden in the middle, with the 2 different sizes of "balls" on the end.  I believe it is a stylus for EMBOSSING paper using metal stencils, but it would make a good point-turner for very small points.  I usually just use the pointed end of my bone folder, as there is less chance of it poking through the seam.  I guess it could be used as a stiletto to guide fabric through the machine, but it wouldn't really "get a grip" on the fabric like tweezers or another sharp object.  Hmmm.  But like quilting rulers and templates, it's good to have things that can be used for more than one purpose.    

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-17

My friend who bought one of these was really impressed that it did not poke thru the end of the seam like the pointier ones sometimes do - especially if you are a bit 'vigorous' in turning the point!. It's that little ball point on the end that is the difference..

I did not buy one of these tools...yet.. 

I found a bag of partially done dresden fans on the donation table a couple of years ago - right after my friend bought her tool at Road...still have not decided what to do with them. Thing is... all the points are already turned!!

In reply toRe: msg 15
judyinohio

Sep-18

Am I having fun yet??   LOL 

Tracing the templates and cutting out the little shapes is developing my patience muscles. I am almost at the halfway point. I stitched the reds but then decided to keep on tracing and cutting ....