Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Starting on a Mini Dresden Rainbow Project   General Discussion

Started Sep-14 by judyinohio; 815 views.
judyinohio

Sep-14

Any competent quilter, eh?

I do believe that's a challenge.

judyinohio

Sep-14

If there's anything I like it is encouragement from a friend ....

In reply toRe: msg 7
judyinohio

Sep-14

Here's proof of enough tracing and trimming for one day. My right thumb is tingling, a reminder of why I do not do English paper piecing.

However, the jumble of trimmings does show that Berry Birdy packs a delightful assortment of ditsy prints in her kits.

A glance at the clock tells me it is time to work on dinner.

MelRN

Sep-16

Looking good! Take a break :D 

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-16

do you have a point turner tool? one of my friends bought one of these at Road a couple of years ago...it makes really pointy points...

https://www.qualitysewing.com/oesd-expert-point-press-tool.html  - I have not ordered from this shop...you probably can find this tool at whatever shop you usually buy from

judyinohio

Sep-16

Oh, my, that is a divine looking tool!  Do not have one of those.

I generally use the eye end of a crewel needle that has the pointy end in a rubber thingamabob.

viola (sissly4)

Sep-17

Suz my turning point is a wooded one not metel.I use it when I am making dresses and purses

MelRN

Sep-17

That's cool! I use a knitting needle picked up from the table at retreat one year :D 

I have one of those, but I don't really use it for turning points.  Mine is wooden in the middle, with the 2 different sizes of "balls" on the end.  I believe it is a stylus for EMBOSSING paper using metal stencils, but it would make a good point-turner for very small points.  I usually just use the pointed end of my bone folder, as there is less chance of it poking through the seam.  I guess it could be used as a stiletto to guide fabric through the machine, but it wouldn't really "get a grip" on the fabric like tweezers or another sharp object.  Hmmm.  But like quilting rulers and templates, it's good to have things that can be used for more than one purpose.