Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quilting videos   General Discussion

Started Oct-22 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 744 views.

I will say my dog always chooses a soft comfy place to lie. 

I agree that the scraps should go to someone who likes to make scrap quilts or other crafters that can use them.

I agree with your thoughts on Charity quilts, sometimes they aren't well made.  If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it well - maybe not to the level of heirloom, but still something you can be proud of.

I agree on the charity quilts. They need to be made with love and care. Like Dee said not heirloom quality but still nice. I used to take home two quilt tops a month from my guild when I got my longarm. I would try out new designs or just have fun with them and always did them with care.

latterberry

Oct-27

I totally agree about the scraps for dog bed stuffing.  Not ony lumpy but a nightmare after getting out of the washer.  

latterberry

Oct-27

Same thoughts on the charity quilts.  I want them well constructed, but don't   stress too much if not all the seam match perfectly.

LindaPutt

Oct-27

I like the StitchedbySusan videos too Dee.  She's the one I took the free motion/freehand classes from during the COVID shutdown.  I'm enjoying the free Boot Camp that started yesterday too. "Freehand Quilting De-Myth-Defied".   Do you  like it so far?  If anyone else is interested in it, one of us could send you the link.  It goes for 3 days (Tues, Wed, & Thurs), 2pm Pacific time, and replays are available until November 4th if you happen to miss any of the live videos.  I'll miss today because I lead a longarm group that meets this afternoon.  I'll watch the replay later tonight.  I saw on the Facebook group where they are working on fixing a replay glitch so I'll have to see if it's fixed by tonight though.

I’ve always thought the same thing about it being so lumpy!

I use  my rulers to try out on charity quilts.  

yes I am enjoying it.  I've gone through her pintrest and blog and made snips and put in a OneNote folder for future reference.  Now to go try some things on the sample fabric I have loaded.  I need to practice or I'll forget.