Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 58929 views.
In reply toRe: msg 137
SHARONAE44

11/30/21

Announcing the BLOCK LOTTO

1. Block patterns on page 54 of Quilter's Cache (basic pattern - Sawtooth Star) Use any pattern on that page. All pattern on this page are 12 inch blocks.

2. No more than of ten blocks for lotto participation. One ticket per block for drawing. Need not be the same pattern - if you don't like making it, pick another. Or do like I usually do and make ten different.

3. Use cream for the background (solid, cream on cream, batik, grunge. very small stripes - plaid - checks, marbles, etc.) If it looks like a not very dark cream to you, it is acceptable.

4. For the rest of the pieces in the block, use batiks, any colors. (yummy!)

5. Do NOT trim your blocks - reason - block exchanges produce blocks of slightly different sizes and untrimmed blocks allow winners to trim to the size of the smallest block.

• Edited November 30, 2021 10:26 pm  by  SHARONAE44
LABFIEND

12/1/21

So, if I understand correctly, any pattern on page 54 is OK?

Sounds like fun!!!

YDritch

12/1/21

So I'm a little slow.... I went to Quilters Cache, chose 12" blocks, and then found three "Sawtooth" patterns:  Sawtooth, Sawtoothed Square, and just plain Sawtooth.  May we use any of these three or am I looking in the wrong place?

LABFIEND

12/1/21

Yetta:  I went down to page 54, as I understand Sharon, all those stars on page 54 are 12 in and we can use any of them.  Hope Sharon will correct us if we are wrong!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/1/21

He should enjoy Huntsville.  Our friend said it is now 2nd only to the San Jose area for computer technology.  It's pretty there and not far from Nashville.  We ate at a great German restaurant there.  It has grown so much since we were last there, it was hard to believe.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/1/21

It's the Hampton Inn!

KSCarolyn

12/1/21

Why do I  keep calling it the Hamilton Inn??  I may have made a reservation at the Hamilton Inn for us. They need to change their name to make it easy for me to remember it.

Carolyn

lppenguins

12/1/21

Holy cow I just saw this. Well I guess that was a big move!!! And another big move literally! 
good luck with it all Kathy :0)

lppenguins

12/1/21

I like that saying!