Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 58929 views.
In reply toRe: msg 160
lppenguins

12/3/21

Good Morning everyone, here’s something fun!

Carolyn is designing a new logo to be used on T-Shirts!  We are going to make all of the T-Shirt iron on’s. And we will iron them on at retreat. 

ANYONE WANTING ONE WILL NEED TO BRING A T-SHIRT. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE EVERYONE HAVE A RETREAT SHIRT!!!  
We knew we couldn’t find T-shirts to fit everyone’s sizes or tastes, so we’re asking everyone to bring your own, any type and any color!  The logo will have a yellow Sun with black writing. 
GET HUNTING FOR YOUR FAVORITE SHIRT. :0)

***make sure to wash your shirt before bringing it. (thanks Jonna)***

• Edited December 3, 2021 11:49 am  by  lppenguins

Sounds like fun!  Just a thought - if anyone is bringing a brand new shirt, it probably should be washed first, before ironing the transfer on.  Be sure to check and see if the directions say that.  Thanks!  

lppenguins

12/3/21

Great idea Jonna! I didn’t think of that and the shirt would definitely shrink and mess up the iron transfer. Thanks

Well, I wasn't thinking about the shrinking, although that could be another factor.  But sometimes they have a finish on the t-shirt fabric that prevents the iron-on from sticking as well as it should, if it has not been washed first.  It might be no problem at all, but you know, it couldn't hurt to wash it!    

MelRN

12/3/21

Oh, what a fun idea! T-shirts :D 

In reply toRe: msg 165
Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/3/21

You can tell we had a Zoom meeting this week with all the new stiff being posted.  This year we are proving dinners instead of lunches.  We would like some volunteers to help with the set ups and clean ups.  Let me know  if you are willing.

Carolyn, will you also connect this to message #3?

In reply toRe: msg 166
Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/3/21

I've been under the weather this week.  Wednesday I decided to have my Covid booster and my flu shot.  I had them in the morning.  by late after noon I could hardly move my arm and it was swollen .  Yesterday I still was having trouble with it and had a headache and chills.  No fever.  Took about a 2 1/2 hour nap.  Today I'm some better went to PT but was not a "full speed ahead".  Got cold this afternoon, had a cup of hot cocoa and 2 tylenol.  Feeling better now.  I had very little reaction to the first 2 I had.  This was unexpected!

Suze (casuzenn)

12/3/21

I ended up having to get the jabs (had to if I want to keep my job)...first one I sailed through...not even any pain in my shoulder. second one, it hurt like the dickens for a couple of days and I slept from the time I got home after the jab on Friday at 3 until Sunday mid day...only got up for about two hours or so to wrap gifts and mail them for my new grandkids. We snagged some food on the way home from the jab and after I mailed the package....but other than that I was out like a light. No fever or other symptoms, just super fatigue...it is VERY strange how the symptoms are so different in each person and with each jab.

MelRN

12/3/21

(((HUGS))) I had reaction only to #2 (not 1 or 3) I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly. Hope you feel better soon!

That sounds like fun! Will have to get a blue shirt, that should look great with yellow and black.