Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 58933 views.
In reply toRe: msg 165
Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/3/21

You can tell we had a Zoom meeting this week with all the new stiff being posted.  This year we are proving dinners instead of lunches.  We would like some volunteers to help with the set ups and clean ups.  Let me know  if you are willing.

Carolyn, will you also connect this to message #3?

In reply toRe: msg 166
Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/3/21

I've been under the weather this week.  Wednesday I decided to have my Covid booster and my flu shot.  I had them in the morning.  by late after noon I could hardly move my arm and it was swollen .  Yesterday I still was having trouble with it and had a headache and chills.  No fever.  Took about a 2 1/2 hour nap.  Today I'm some better went to PT but was not a "full speed ahead".  Got cold this afternoon, had a cup of hot cocoa and 2 tylenol.  Feeling better now.  I had very little reaction to the first 2 I had.  This was unexpected!

Suze (casuzenn)

12/3/21

I ended up having to get the jabs (had to if I want to keep my job)...first one I sailed through...not even any pain in my shoulder. second one, it hurt like the dickens for a couple of days and I slept from the time I got home after the jab on Friday at 3 until Sunday mid day...only got up for about two hours or so to wrap gifts and mail them for my new grandkids. We snagged some food on the way home from the jab and after I mailed the package....but other than that I was out like a light. No fever or other symptoms, just super fatigue...it is VERY strange how the symptoms are so different in each person and with each jab.

MelRN

12/3/21

(((HUGS))) I had reaction only to #2 (not 1 or 3) I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly. Hope you feel better soon!

That sounds like fun! Will have to get a blue shirt, that should look great with yellow and black.

I would be happy to help with whatever you need for the dinners.

Suze (casuzenn)

12/3/21

I was thinking blue too - light blue! I have one that I can use. I need to reshape it for me though...

Judy (DJZMOM)

12/3/21

KSCarolyn said...

baked a pumpkin pie just for me.  I had pumpkin pie for lunch.

That's the best idea!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

12/3/21

lppenguins said...

I was In a car wreck 2 weeks ago, on our way to the Cardinals game we all bottle necks at the exit and stopped and the kid behind us hit us about 30 mph and pushed us into the car in front of us, so a double whammy on our backs and necks. Airbags did not go off (thank goodness). But the passenger seat belt went right over the right chest where I had the surgery so I was scared. Spent the last 2 weeks seeing surgeon - all is ok. then X-rays of everything and my PC and Chiro every 2 days. Said my neck looks like a stair step.

Oh ((((( Laura ))))) I am so sorry to learn of your accident.  How fortunate the seat belt did not cause any issues with your surgery but wow...  your neck and back sound terrible.  Do take care of you and heal well. 

Judy (DJZMOM)

12/3/21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

He should enjoy Huntsville.  Our friend said it is now 2nd only to the San Jose area for computer technology.  It's pretty there and not far from Nashville.  We ate at a great German restaurant there.  It has grown so much since we were last there, it was hard to believe. 

Thanks Cathy.  DJ is extremely excited and did a lot of research into the Huntsville area as he was going through the interview process.  Much less expensive to live there by far than our SF Bay Area.  He had a friend at school that accepted a job out here and was looking to rent a furnished room over an hour away from where he will work.  He asked DJ if the rent was really what rooms go for.  DJ did not have the heart to tell him he will be renting a 2,000 sq ft cottage with it's own enclosed 2 car garage for about the same price that is <20 min from where he will work. 

Huntsville truly looks like a lush, lovely area with many outdoor venues to go to for hiking and other outdoor activities.  When we go to graduation we'll fly in a couple of days early and help him move his stuff from his school dorm apt to his cottage.  He has too much bulky stuff to get everything into his little RX8 along with his computer and other electronic stuff so he asked us if we could take one of our days to drive stuff there and maybe go to Costco or somewhere for a bed...  his priority!!  He will fly here to CA for Christmas right after graduation and then he will fly back directly to Huntsville after New Years.