Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 64111 views.

Wow I am worn out just reading that. Sounds like a really fun time!

In reply toRe: msg 255
KSCarolyn

12/25/21

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I think next year will be a great year for me, health-wise.  This year has been terrible so I'm not sorry to see it go.  I'm doing really good with my new knee.   A week and 4 days and each day is better than the day before.  I will be going to my son's house today.  It's going to be a huge crowd, as usual, and I'm looking forward to it.

Carolyn

viola (sissly4)

12/25/21

Merry Christmas Carolyn.I did not realize that you had your surgery. I don't know why I did not know about it.I am glad that you are doing so well. Glad that you are able to go to your son house. It will just be two of us. My family get smaller then larger. It is vary wind since yesterday. Temp is in the 70.

We visited and exchanged gifts with our daughter, son in law and 4 grands. Such a joy this year even though DH has a bum knee, this was the first year Piper (16 months old) walked around to see what everyone was unwrapping. Her new words are “Ho,Ho Ho”. They left to go to the big dinner at his folks. I cooked a small Turkey breast and the trimmings. So it was quiet but nice. Thankful DH is able to move a little now, just not a whole lot of weight bearing. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/27/21

Sounds like you had a busy productive trip.  Fun, too.  Are you flying into retreat or driving?  We are looking forward to that also.

LABFIEND

12/27/21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Are you flying into retreat or driving? 

I am flying, it is a day and a half drive to Prescott, two days to Phoenix.  And the weather is too iffy in Feb to risk driving across I 40 in New Mexico/Texas!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/27/21

I-40 is risky in AZ, too.  Often closed with lots of people stuck for hours due to accidents.

LABFIEND

12/27/21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

I-40 is risky in AZ, too.  Often closed with lots of people stuck for hours due to accidents.

Yup, Yup, I 40 is hazardous thru those three states when the weather gets bad.  Yesterday the 10 day forecast looked clear, today they are increasing the chance of snow!  Probably still go (when I am in go mode, hard to stop!!) May have to stay longer till the weather clears, we will see!

Do we need to send the balance of our retreat fee to Ellen at the same address we sent our deposits?

Thanks.

LABFIEND

12/27/21

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Do we need to send the balance of our retreat fee to Ellen at the same address we sent our deposits? Thanks.  

I was thinking the same thing! Don't want to forget!!