Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 59093 views.
bornblesse2

Jan-14

Also!  For those of you flying to the retreat!

the Hampton Inn transportation will be via Lyft.  Once you get your baggage,  call Hampton’s front desk at 602-267-0606.

the front desk will arrange your pickup via Lyft.  The Lyft car will then call you and tell you which door to exit and the car to look for. then they will deliver you to Hampton front door!

DONT forget to tip your driver!  
Hampton pays the Lyft fee……

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-14

what is a reasonable tip amount? I have never taken either Lyft or Uber...

and do we need to have the Lyft app installed before we get there?

I took rides from Lyft several times when I still lived in Irving.  Kinda depends on the distance, but I usually gave them around $5, especially because they would usually help me with my bags too.  For a shorter trip, I would probably tip about $3.  But usually more like $5.  

Jonna, 

can you have someone video you showing how to make the block and put it in Shutterfly?

bornblesse2

Jan-14

The hotel is 3 - 4 miles from the airport.   So very close.

i do not believe you need the Lyft apt on your phone as the hotel arranges it.  The driver contacted by the hotel will call and direct you to them…..door, car color and model, etc.

I have not used lift, but I would say a $3. To $5 tip would be about right.  Other thoughts?

MelRN

Jan-14

bornblesse2 said...

Hampton Inn transportation will be via Lyft.  Once you get your baggage,  call Hampton’s front desk at 602-267-0606.

the front desk will arrange your pickup via Lyft.  The Lyft car will then call you and tell you which door to exit and the car to look for. then they will deliver you to Hampton front door!

DONT forget to tip your driver!  
Hampton pays the Lyft fee……

Oh, gosh, that's great! And thanks for letting us know about the fee. *note to self--bring cash for tip!

We will figure out something.  And yes, I wish you were going too.  

In reply toRe: msg 399
KSCarolyn

Jan-15

bornblesse2 said:

call Hampton’s front desk at 602-267-0606.

You should probably put this in your cell phone.  I did.  The information is also posted in Message #3

In reply toRe: msg 407
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-15

Ellen and I went back to the hotel to have another look and actually see tables up.  One of the things I noted is that you will need additional light at night so if you have small portable lighting, it would be good to bring it.