Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started 10/29/21 by KSCarolyn; 56333 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

11/5/21

keddykat75 said...

Can you believe that it has been almost two years since we moved?  We are selling most everything and will put the rest in storage until we lazed in a house there. We are looking forward to losing the winters. 

No!  It seems like just a few months ago.  I can understand about the winters.

keddykat75 said...

when do you plan on being in Colorado full time?

We are still in the design phase for the house so I expect it still will be 2 or 3 years with permits and other things we have to have done.  We did get agreement with the power company to move and above ground power line.  It spans our property through nearly the middle to take power to the neighbor south of us.  We don't get power off of it and we asked for it to be moved to along the property line between us.  We are still awaiting news to see when they will actually do the work.  We just received our 2nd draft of the house design yesterday and it is much closer to what we would prefer.  The sewing space is still large room so we are cutting out scale "paper dolls" of the various sub-spaces I will have in there like longarm footprint. work station, cutting station and sitting/visiting area.  DH keeps wanting bigger but I don't want it to be too oversized!

lppenguins

11/5/21

Oh my. That’s scary, hopefully they can put you on a 90 day refill situation, like my sister’s dr does so she doesn’t have to come in as often. She’s 64 and 3 mos. 

lppenguins

11/5/21

Oh darn. Well at least you were able to work a good contract. Next year

lppenguins

11/5/21

Oh I can imagine. So much snow and cold. Friends lived in Henderson while raising kids and moved to chandler Az to retire. 

MelRN

11/5/21

oh, my! Moving stinks! Will miss chatting with you at retreat!

keddykat75

11/5/21

You don’t want the sewing room oversized or you don’t want the house to be oversized?

keddykat75

11/5/21

That doesn’t sound like a bad plan.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

11/5/21

keddykat75 said...

You don’t want the sewing room oversized or you don’t want the house to be oversized?

Both!!  The latest draft shows the sewing room measuring 30x33.8 ft.  Seems plenty big to to me.  But you know guys... bigger is better!?!

MelRN

11/6/21

Sounds good. If it feels too big, you can section off smaller work areas

keddykat75

11/6/21

That sounds great to me!