Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quilt Mama told us about this fabric   General Discussion

Started 12/15/21 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 461 views.
Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

12/15/21

yes, the novelties at Joann quality has gone down.  Many patterns are the same that they've had for years but the fabric itself has gotten worse.  I only go there for fleece now.  Sometimes HL is better, but not always.I bought some blue fabric for some binding last year that the blue rubbed off with the iron, leaving a white line along the crease.  I threw it away.  

I did get some of that solid fabric at Walmart and tried it on my 3D blocks quilt. It is decent quality and I would use it again but I do prefer Kona which is a thicker fabric. I buy all my Kona at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn when it is on sale or I have a coupon. 

LABFIEND

12/16/21

Jonna, do i need to bring out some black fabric? I as m sure i can find  some in San Antonio ( maybe even at Mishii's house!!), how much do you need?

Mishii

12/16/21

I have black fabric. 

MelRN

12/16/21

It was Waverly. I got some but didn't like for usable quilts...it's quite rough. Fairly good quality but I wouldn't want by my skin.

No, no, no, don't bring any more fabric.  LOL  I am nowhere near in need of it just yet.  I have decided that when I do need some, I will get the Kona at Hobby Lobby.  I *do* have a stash of various blacks already.  But believe me, I'm way too busy organizing to need it right now.  But THANKS, and see you soon.  You and Sharon have a great time!