Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

60 quilts   General Discussion

Started 12/16/21 by viola (sissly4); 1927 views.
Midkid5

12/22/21

Oh what a wonderful Christmas gift!  Do hope you can now find more time to work on those special projects that have been on hold.

Jo

She left here loaded down with stuff that I gave her when we were cleaning out stuff, and other stuff I knew she would like.  And after all the work she did, she actually tried to pay me for one certain item that I gave her.  The silly gal!  Boy howdy, does she get a LOT done in any given amount of time!  I tried to keep up with her but just couldn't.  LOL  The house now looks SO much better, but it seems very empty and lonely now, after we gabbed and visited so much while she was here.  I am pooped, but very happy, and looking forward to not having to do my part-time job for 4 days in a row, so I can get in there in my sewing room and continue organizing, with the goal of being able to sit down and sew a lot too.  So many big plans!  One thing I can say for her, wherever she goes, she always has a VERY productive trip - BOTH ways.  She helps others to the max, and comes home laden with gifts and new purchases (just a few this time).  And when I last left her place, I came home laden with gifts from her too.  I told her last night that it seems all of our trips involve hauling a load of stuff TO some place, and then hauling another load BACK home again.  LOL  Re-distributing the STUFF.  But we did also throw away a lot of cardboard boxes and other clutter.    

bornblesse2

12/22/21

Isn’t it great to have friends like Patti?  She is a real gem.

enjoy your days off, and your sewing area!

Yes, she is amazing.  Thanks!  

Suze (casuzenn)

12/22/21

Sounds like a productive visit!

It really was productive, and we did some fun stuff too.  And before that, she was at Mishii's place helping her work on quilts and quilting one or two of her own.  

Patty is like the U.S. Army's slogan in that old commercial:  She does more before 9:00 a.m. than most people do all day."  LOL

viola (sissly4)

12/22/21

Last night my new machine pedel quick working.I bought it 3/18. I can still make tops with my small singer machine untill I get it fix.That walk about you don't need a pattern.The big sq is 8 1/2.The triangle is 4/12.

I just look at the pinterest picture and lay it out.

viola (sissly4)

12/22/21

It is good to have friends to help each other out.

Suze (casuzenn)

12/22/21

I feel like such a slacker!! have not done much at all this past year...just starting to get my energy back, so hope I can do some stuff soon.

We have some real powerhouses in this group! Viola is a prolific stitcher, Patty and Mishii are super organizers. And there are others too...Ami and Pirate...and Ellen...

LABFIEND

12/23/21

I am blushing!!  You make it sound really good!  I did have fun, and did we decide we would do better organizing the others spaces, cause it is easier to pitch stuff that is not your own!  But we really didn't throw out much "stuff" mostly empty boxes.  More reorganize and move your sewing stuff to the new sewing room.  Now you have your "sewing room", the "murder room". the "box room" and your bedroom.

It was fun, and thanks for all the presents you sent home with me.  I think I will bring the Costco pj's to retreat!! grin