Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

60 quilts   General Discussion

Started 12/16/21 by viola (sissly4); 1914 views.
viola (sissly4)

12/18/21

This lady took the quilts today to Mayfield an past them out to each person by the size of each quilt.

latterberry

12/19/21

Our church years ago collected blankets for disaster relief. They could NOT be hand made or gently used.  Must be new inn a package.  Not sure of their reasoning, but if I was cold and in need, I would be glad for anything to wrap around me.  When my son's town was devastated by a tornado, their local quilt shop collected quilts and they must have had a mountain of them.  The ladies then drove around and handed them out.  

I’m sure each one was very appreciated. I’m looking for a FREE walk about quilt like the one MSQC made. Not having much success.  I’ve been banned from buying more patterns. Maybe I should look on Quilters Cache?

Was that Walkabout video a recent one, or was it an older one?  I used to get the "Block" magazine but discontinued it some time ago.  If it is an older pattern, I might have that magazine, but if I do, it will take me a little while to find it!  BUTTTTTTTTTT -- Patty just left about 5 minutes ago, and you can't imagine the amount of work she did getting me and my sewing area organized!  I couldn't believe it myself.  There is still work to be done, and continuing organization needed, but things are in MUCH better shape now than they were, and I finally have my SEWING ROOM set up so I can sit down and sew at a moment's notice.  Yay!  What a friend she is.  

Yes! What a friend she is.  I’m glad you have a sewing room now. Duh I have a bunch of Block magazines too. I can look through them. But I believe the one you sent though FB Messenger will work. Thank you!

Midkid5

12/22/21

Oh what a wonderful Christmas gift!  Do hope you can now find more time to work on those special projects that have been on hold.

Jo

She left here loaded down with stuff that I gave her when we were cleaning out stuff, and other stuff I knew she would like.  And after all the work she did, she actually tried to pay me for one certain item that I gave her.  The silly gal!  Boy howdy, does she get a LOT done in any given amount of time!  I tried to keep up with her but just couldn't.  LOL  The house now looks SO much better, but it seems very empty and lonely now, after we gabbed and visited so much while she was here.  I am pooped, but very happy, and looking forward to not having to do my part-time job for 4 days in a row, so I can get in there in my sewing room and continue organizing, with the goal of being able to sit down and sew a lot too.  So many big plans!  One thing I can say for her, wherever she goes, she always has a VERY productive trip - BOTH ways.  She helps others to the max, and comes home laden with gifts and new purchases (just a few this time).  And when I last left her place, I came home laden with gifts from her too.  I told her last night that it seems all of our trips involve hauling a load of stuff TO some place, and then hauling another load BACK home again.  LOL  Re-distributing the STUFF.  But we did also throw away a lot of cardboard boxes and other clutter.    

bornblesse2

12/22/21

Isn’t it great to have friends like Patti?  She is a real gem.

enjoy your days off, and your sewing area!

Yes, she is amazing.  Thanks!  

Suze (casuzenn)

12/22/21

Sounds like a productive visit!