Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hahahah!   General Discussion

Started Apr-3 by MelRN; 772 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Contraryqltr

Apr-4

You could quilt a couple of pillow shams for $200 LOL!

MelRN

Apr-6

Contraryqltr said...

You could quilt a couple of pillow shams for $200

Hahah! And she said it like she was saying something astonishingly big! :P 

lppenguins

Apr-9

Hamburger idk $5 a pound, a loaf of bread is $4, Bacon $6-$8, on and on.  But people still think fabric is “cheap” and have no idea how long it takes to make and quilt them. 
my DF wanted an oversized King quilt with a big drop. But I told her how much the fabric would cost, then the quilting, not including my batting or time and we’ll, I didn’t end up being asked to make one. Lol. She got one at JCPenny. (Shrug)

MelRN

Apr-10

Yep. Funny how our ideas don't keep up with reality.

tuckyquilter

May-2

LOL  That is too funny.  Women's Work is always undervalued.   BUT this happened with a custom quilt I made for my son when he married his first wife.  She didn't value it until a friend came over to see all the good stuff they got from the wedding.  Idiot was using it to "protect" a down comforter from the dog.  When the friend saw it she said: WOW that is a beautiful quilt... WHO do you know that would give such an EXPENSIVE GIFT.  

I found this out when my son called and I could hear the X in the background telling him to ask me how much it cost!!  I told him that he should put it on the homeowners policy for at least $2000.00 as it was a custom, one of a kind designed just for them, and labeled. Told him I'd find a Quilt Appraiser in his Michigan area to do the evaluation.  They were floored.. The year was 2008